“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Arizona food was really great and the diner was nice and clean. Great breakfast and a great price highly recommend this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Finding a good breakfast place is not always easy, so I would like to recommend this place to everybody who travels from Las Vegas to the Hoover Dam or vice versa. Located in Historic Boulder City, here you can even sit outside having a good meal. Food isvery good, coffie is decent and portions are big.. staff is very friendly , all in all a very good choice.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Hoover Dam. It's very close and Boulder City was actually founded to house the workers building the dam. Our tour bus driver drove us through town on the way to the dam and I noticed the diner then and decided to come back the next day as I was staying in Vegas. So, along with my girlfriend we did just that. The decor of the diner is very appealing. Many antiques to look at and it happens to be right next door to an antique store. There is also outside seating. As for the food, I thought it was excellent. I had a bowl of homemade chili which was very good. I also had a shredded Angus beef tostada that would easily feed 2 people! The portions there are very adequate. My girlfriend had a patty melt sandwich which was huge and she thoroughly enjoyed it. We both had dessert which consisted of the diner's homemade pies. I had cherry, and my girlfriend had strawberry rhubarb. There was no doubt that the pies were homemeade. They were delicious and the crusts were wonderfully flaky. Last but not least, the wait staff were very friendly and pleasant, and the diner was full of locals. Always a good sign!! I would not hestitate to go back!! Leave time to walk around downtown as it has many sights and antique shops.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Southwest Diner is one of our favorites in town, we eat there at least once every trip to Boulder City (which is often during the summer months). Good service, good food and this weekend was no exception. Can't pass up the cucumber salad!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I've been coming here for years. Every time I go to Boulder City it was all about the Coffee Cup and then one day a couple of years ago we went here instead and really enjoyed the food so much that I can't remember the last time I went to "The Cup". They have an amazing Chile Relleno, it's more of an egg casserole than a real Relleno but it sure is tasty. Very good menu and most stuff I have had has been first rate. THE BAD? for the past year the service has been horrible... I read a lot of other reviews and I gotta say it's accurate.. they never are pleasant when you walk in the door, not very attentive or friendly. I sometimes think these folks think everyone is a tourist and they aren't gonna be back so it's okay to give them sub-par service. As a diner owner or a server your job is to be polite, pleasant and take care of your customers. Simple as that. I gotta say if I have one more Crabby Cathy server I think I'll head back to the Cup :)

1  Thank SouthwestCowboy