“Nice Place”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were heading to check out Lake Meade and stopped here for breakfast. Nice place, good service, good food. We really enjoyed it and they gave good portions. Would definately come back to this one.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stopped in for breakfast and had an amazing meal. The ingredients were fresh, the bread homemade, and the size of the orange juice and water glasses were so generous it was almost comical. I look forward to coming back when we are up from Seattle again!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I don't understand the good reviews for this hole in the wall. I ordered breakfast and my husband lunch. I had potatoe pancakes and they were just fat lumps of mushy potatoes. I took one bite and that was it. My husband ordered steak and eggs and the steak was a thin, grisly, fatty piece of meat. We left after a couple bites. The place also seemed dirty-the floors and our table top and there were flies where we were seated in the front of the restaurant near the window. We ended up going down the street to The Coffee Cup which has been featured on Diners, Drive- Ins and Dives and the food was excellent! The place was clean and the service was great. Don't waste your time or money at The Southwest Diner!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Friendly service and excellent breakfast.
We stopped on our way to the Grand Canyon and loved this restaurant. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

You drive through this tiny town and it has good, cheap food that was as good as the so-called best restaurants in Vegas. I had a seven dollar breakfast burrito that had more flavor than my $27 eggs bendict (in Vegas). The breakfast burrito is huge--lots of peppers and eggs but I wanted to make sure I would not be hungry on the way to the Hoover Dam and during our tour there so it was more than enough food. They have a good salsa to go with it. My friends had other eggs dishes and liked them. I felt like I was in the middle of a small town and often there is no good food or terrible touristy food and this place was awesome.

1  Thank Jackie K