“Better than average diner”
Review of Southwest Diner

Southwest Diner
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Boulder City
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A good brunch/lunch stop on the way to Hoover Dam. Service and food was good and the menu was reasonably priced. It was packed with locals which is a good thing. The huevas rancheros was tasty but nothing too write home about. I was torn between giving this a four or a three star review as I like to support local but it just wasn't merited (although the average reviews here and proudly advertised on the front door of the business would disagree with me).

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Visit this great restaurant! We stayed next door to the El Rancho Motel and happened upon this diner. Atmosphere is really great: laid back, kitschy design and great service. After reading others' reviews, I can say in all honesty say I'm privileged to have not have had a disappointing experience. I ordered the breakfast burrito which consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, green peppers and onions. Portions are quite generous; I had to save the other half for lunch. Our server checked on us a good number of times (but not too too much, though).

Living in New York, the prices at Southwest are a bargain. One certainly gets more for his money. If you're driving through Boulder City (or happen to stay at the El Ranch Motel), give the Southwest Diner a try.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

4 of us went for breakfast, food was OK, nothing to rave about, my eggs were overcooked and the potatoes were cold and not very seasoned, I orderd the breakfast special, it's 3 eggs, "those potatoes" and toast or homemde banana bread. The check was $33, about 8 bucks a breakfast. Did not have exceptional service, only offered refill on coffee once. Place was pretty busy.
Nicely decorated, small town diner, that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. I do not think I will go again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Diner is fun, the service is great, but the food was greasy and not very tasty. My burrito was big and greasy and I couldn't finish it. My wife's turkey sandwich was fried with copious amounts of butter spread on the bread (like a grilled cheese sandwich). The turkey was dry, dark, and sparse. Her cucumber 'salad' was a jar of thin, milky dressing with a few cucumber slices marinating in it. I hate to leave a poor review because we really liked it otherwise and the staff is super. But we're mainly there for the food and we couldn't eat it.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Visited for lunch after visit to Hoover Dam. Had eggs over easy, sausage, hash browns with banana bread. Cooked really well and very tasty. People were friendly and place very clean . Obviously popular as was full when we were there. Better than some of places in Las Vegas.