“After the Lake”

Toto's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 65 Restaurants in Boulder City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 16, 2010

After a long day at the lake there is nothing better than a cold drink, a refreshing meal, and a friendly atmosphere. I have found all of these at Toto's. Walking in, we were greeted with a local small town friendliness. The service is impeccable, and within a blink of an eye we had our drinks and tasty chips to munch on. The menu is packed with delicious entrees, but to help my decision I always ask the waiters for a recommendation. It wasn't long before we were enjoying the best Mexican food that I have eaten in my life...and I absolutely love Mexican food. Toto's is a sure bet anytime your travels take you through Boulder City. Trust me, you will never be let down!

2  Thank TravQ07

Reviewed June 16, 2010

On our way back from a trip to the Hoover Dam my family and I stopped by Toto's mexican restaurant for our lunch. It had a fun cultural atmosphere and the service added to our great experience!! The food prices were very reasonable considering the large food portions served, they were also very filling. I had the seafood "ceviche" dish and it was delicious , the chips and salsa were served fresh and they make amazing margaritas. Overall, this restaurant is a 5 out of 5 and I recommend this to everyone who is looking for some tasty, authentic Mexican food. :)

2  Thank Sunshine7225
Reviewed June 16, 2010

This is one of the best Mexican restaurants that my family and I have been to in a long time! My family and I went here after spending the day at Lake Mead. I ordered the enchiladas that were fantastic, my wife ordered the fish tacos, and my two daughters ordered the fajitas. Everyone loved their food. The authentic chips and salsa are RIDICULOUSLY good. We even ordered a big cup of salsa and a bag of chips to-go. The service was great as well. We wish we would have known about this place sooner! If anyone is wanting great Mexican food I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We go here every summer when we head to lake mead. The food full of flavor ( Im a chef I would know ;) ) The chips are average but the fresh salsa is by far the best I have ever tasted. I spoke with the cook and he actually showed me how they make it. I had the chicken fajitas which were out of this world plus the plate size was huge. My wife had the seafood enchilada that was the size of my arm. ( also very good) Great green sauce. I paid about $11 for my fajitas so fair pricing . Overall great experience and I will be back

1  Thank chefman88
Reviewed June 6, 2010

4 years ago, my husband and I and another couple dined at Toto's. All four of us were sick, spending most of the day in the bathroom, as a result of eating at Toto's. I received the worst of it. By nightfall I no longer had the strength to get from the bed to the bathroom. Sometime that night I collapsed, fainting head first into the mirror-sliding door in our bathroom. I was unresponsive. Fire-rescue arrived and transported me to the hospital where we learned I had a blood bacterial infection so bad that they were unable to identify just one strain of bacteria; and I had hours to live.

I was lucky. I received excellent medical care during my 5-day hospital stay, much of it in ICU. Even with health insurance, it cost me $7,500.00 in hospital bills, 8 weeks out-of-work recuperating, due to the blood-bacterial infection that I received courtesy of Toto's.

If anyone from Toto's reads this review - you have some bills to pay my friend!

Denise Cook