“The best Mexican Restraunt in Las Vegas Valley.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toto's Mexican Restaurant

Toto's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 61 Restaurants in Boulder City
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lahaina, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Mexican Restraunt in Las Vegas Valley.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

This is one of the best Mexican restaurants that my family and I have been to in a long time! My family and I went here after spending the day at Lake Mead. I ordered the enchiladas that were fantastic, my wife ordered the fish tacos, and my two daughters ordered the fajitas. Everyone loved their food. The authentic chips and salsa are RIDICULOUSLY good. We even ordered a big cup of salsa and a bag of chips to-go. The service was great as well. We wish we would have known about this place sooner! If anyone is wanting great Mexican food I highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Lisa J

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican food in vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

We go here every summer when we head to lake mead. The food full of flavor ( Im a chef I would know ;) ) The chips are average but the fresh salsa is by far the best I have ever tasted. I spoke with the cook and he actually showed me how they make it. I had the chicken fajitas which were out of this world plus the plate size was huge. My wife had the seafood enchilada that was the size of my arm. ( also very good) Great green sauce. I paid about $11 for my fajitas so fair pricing . Overall great experience and I will be back

1 Thank chefman88
Henderson, Nevada
“Unsafe place to eat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

4 years ago, my husband and I and another couple dined at Toto's. All four of us were sick, spending most of the day in the bathroom, as a result of eating at Toto's. I received the worst of it. By nightfall I no longer had the strength to get from the bed to the bathroom. Sometime that night I collapsed, fainting head first into the mirror-sliding door in our bathroom. I was unresponsive. Fire-rescue arrived and transported me to the hospital where we learned I had a blood bacterial infection so bad that they were unable to identify just one strain of bacteria; and I had hours to live.

I was lucky. I received excellent medical care during my 5-day hospital stay, much of it in ICU. Even with health insurance, it cost me $7,500.00 in hospital bills, 8 weeks out-of-work recuperating, due to the blood-bacterial infection that I received courtesy of Toto's.

If anyone from Toto's reads this review - you have some bills to pay my friend!

Denise Cook

1 Thank Divine-Denise
Peoria, Arizona
“Beyond Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

Stopped by Toto's on the way to Las Vegas. Cost is a little on the high side for a strip mall Mexican restaurant. The food is way below average. Fast food would have been better! The salsa is straight from a can. The chips were cold and not fresh.
The enchiladas were limp and rather bland. The wings - recommended by the waitress - were nasty. They were a brittle husk and tasted like they came straight from a Fry Daddy. Awful! Except for one bite, they were untouched. I wish I would have looked at past reviews on this place!

3 Thank andy_melman
Boulder City, Nv
“Horrible and only getting worse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

My family and I have given this restaurant numerous chances to impress and have only been let down time after time. The best of their dishes have only been blah at best. Despite the food, the service is the most lacking. Often feeling as if bothering the servers with our patronage we have decided to never return when rejected service towards the end of the evening. Despite the sign stating they were open and there being a quarter left in the hour before their poster closing we were informed unapologetically, albeit rudely, that they would be seating no more for the evening. With not many restaurants to choose in this small town it is not a light hearted decision to never return.

3 Thank ixlxlxi