My overseas visitors wanted to visit the Hoover Dam and, after reading Tripadvisor recommendations, I decided to book a couple of rooms at this hotel.
When I called to make the reservations, the receptionist told me that the Dam was closed due to an accident and so we decided not to make the trip. She could have lost the sale of 2 rooms with her honesty but we decided to delay our trip until the end of the week when the dam had reopened and stay at the hotel. With a 350 mile journey from San Diego and a car load of seniors, I am eternally grateful to her!!
The hotel was OK, nothing fancy. The rooms were clean and had a fridge, coffee maker etc. The pool, albeit small, was also clean.
Best of all, and unlike the hotels/motels in downtown Boulder City, it had a wonderful view over Lake Mead. Ask for a room on the 3rd floor with a lake view and you won't be disappointed.
We would certainly stay there again with our dog (the hotel is very pet friendly for a very small nominal fee!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hoover Dam Inn is a modern hotel right in the heart of Boulder City. We offer all the things you would expect from a high-class hotel including a pool and hot tub, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and RV/boat parking. We are located just minutes from a number of family friendly activities in and around Boulder City. We are also less than 45 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Boulder City
- Best Western Lighthouse Hotel
- Best Western Boulder City
- Boulder City Best Western