“Great Experience, Awesome Pilot, highlight of Vegas Trip!”

Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters
Grand Celebration Helicopter Tour with Black Canyon Rafting
Ranked #3 of 29 Tours in Boulder City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Largest Helicopter Sightseeing Company of Grand Canyon & Las Vegas. Choose from a variety of aerial, landing tours and more. Offering helicopter, airplane, bus combos spanning from day tours to overnight at the Grand Canyon. Fly, Descend, Land, Walk the Canyon floor, cruise the mighty Colorado, or even fly over the Vegas Strip.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

A big warm THANK YOU to our pilot Mary who made our trip amazing. My son and I went to Vegas for his Christmas present, so we did a lot of neat (but typical for Vegas) like drive the Lamborghini Avantador, shoot off a bunch of guns, eat great meals etc. We decided on very short notice, to use Papillon Helicopters to fly to the Grand Canyon Skybridge in the morning before our airline flight left for home, and we had the time of our life. Mary the Pilot was very professional, personable and provided a lot of great inflight information on our travel to and from the Skybridge.
The helicopter ride and scenery was outstanding, however, the scariest part of the entire trip was standing at the edge of the cliffs beside the Skybridge. There are no ropes or rails or anyone keeping you from the edges, which is 4,000 feet straight down. We saw lots of tourists standing and sitting inches from the edge for photo ops. That was too scarey. Too many close to that edge, it would be easy to trip and fall. Surprisingly, no one has gone over the edge yet.
Anyway. Papillon are very professional and worth the 5 star rating.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,867)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We took a tour on the EcoStar helicopter which stated it was a 25-30 minute tour of the Grand Canyon. Once we got on board, it indeed was about 25 min, but it took about 7 min to get up and over to the Canyon. We flew over the Canyon, and then spent about 5 min returning to the airport. This meant we spent about 13 min over the actual Canyon. They flew very slow to the edge and back - safely but slow. I've been on a few of these tours - mostly Hawaii - but this was the least amount of time over the site I've ever experienced. In my opinion- not good value for the time spent. I felt the advertisement of 25-30 minute tour is misleading.

Also - would not recommend the middle seat in this tour - very difficult to see in the front and back.

1  Thank Kgwd000
PapillonHelicopters, Manager at Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Please accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction with the tour. We advertise 25-30 minute “flight time” which is the time from take-off to landing. As I’m sure you are aware, the airport is not located on the rim of the canyon so it does take a few minutes to reach the rim from the terminal. We fly the same speed from take-off to landing and follow the same routes that all helicopter operators follow, which is governed by the FAA. We incessantly ensure that the times that we state on brochures and websites are of utmost accuracy and we do apologize for any confusion.

In regards to seating arrangements, all seats are strictly assigned by weight of the passengers on board with very little flexibility. Again we apologize you were unhappy with your placement in the aircraft and assure you it was based strictly on weight and balance.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was to be the highlight of our trip. Booked online months in advance. Stayed off the strip so we got up early and took a cab to Mandalay Bay to meet the bus at 10 am. The bus came but the busdriver handed us a card saying our trip was cancelled.

They couldnt find another tour to put us on. The lady on the phone was so happy that she gave us a refund. I left a message for Faith at customer service but she never returned my call.

Look at the other reviews on this site. This last minute cancellation happens quite often and the company does nothing about it. I realize that sometimes mechanical problems etc happen. But they seem to happen way too often with this company. And customer service is rude or doesnt return phone calls. At least offer something, a discount voucher etc for the next time we are in town.

If you want to gamble whether or not your tour will go then book Papillon. I'll be booking elsewhere.

3  Thank kgold95

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced and assure you that we never want to inform passengers of cancelled events. We can’t begin to emphasize enough however that the safety of our passengers has been and always will be our number one priority and we hope you take solace in that fact. Unfortunately, events such as maintenance on a helicopter do occur and we understand your frustration when we were unable to place you on an alternate tour. Please allow our guest relations department to respond to your inquiry and explain in further detail.

Again, we are truly sorry for the cancellation of your flight and we hope to make it up to you in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Let me start by saying I did not enjoy this experience one little bit - but in no way was it because of the Papilion company. Everything about our booking and flight was professional and well organised. The pilot - Michael - was wonderful but my irrational fear of heights made this trip extremely difficult and I feel I endured rather than enjoyed it. Having said that, the rest of my family absolutely loved the entire flight. They sat in the front seats and had an amazing view of the Hoover Dam and Canyon. The individual wicker picnic baskets provided on our stop in the Canyon were a lovely touch. I was grateful for the champagne! I was also feeling nervous and uncomfortable about the prospect of a public weigh-in when we first arrived. But the company approaches this flight safety necessity with discretion and tact - no fat jokes here! There is also no additional fuel surcharge added when checking in. I would recommend the Papilion Grand Canyon tour in a heartbeat.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We booked with Papillon as part of a recommendation from our wedding photographer.

The booking was easy to do as I did it from our hotel and they picked us up in a limo to take us to the pick up point.

We got there and watched the safety DVD and then our names were called out. We were told that unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to go out on the flight.

It was our last night and there was no way of re-scheduling. We wanted to evening tour so we could see the lights on the strip and we returned. I was gutted!

Apparently, we had booked it later than everyone else and that's why we were removed from the list first. I suggested to the lady that could see not see if other passengers were on there holiday for a longer period of time and could they make another time.

We got a full refund but it really put a downer on the end of our trip. Afterwards we decided that it was a great excuse to go back but even now I'm still a little gutted that we didn't get to do it.

3  Thank laus05
PapillonHelicopters, Manager at Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

We would first like to apologize for your unfortunate experience and thank you for your review. We strongly value customer feedback (both positive and negative), in effort to maintain the highest standards in customer experience and service.

Unfortunately without a name or reservation number, we are unable to research the exact specifics of your tour seven months ago. We always encourage guests to contact our Guest Relations Department at 702-638-3223 with any dissatisfaction so we can look into the specifics of why your flight was cancelled. Despite the time elapsed, we still welcome the opportunity to address any specific concerns you may have and would appreciate your time and effort to do so.

We would love the opportunity to win your business back the next time you return to Las Vegas and again, our sincerest apologies.