“Quaint Diner in a Quaint Town”
Review of Coffee Cup

Coffee Cup
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fleming Island, Florida
“Quaint Diner in a Quaint Town”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Like so many others, we were drawn to The Coffee Cup by Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and stopped on our way from Las Vegas to Hoover Dam. We dutifully ordered the pork verde omelets as featured on the show, with one order including hash browns and the other with pancakes. The omelets and the hash browns were good as expected, but the pancakes were a very pleasant surprise! We received two full-size pancakes and can’t remember when we’ve had pancakes as good as these, perhaps the syrup had something to do with it.

As a bonus, we loved the town of Boulder City and took time to peruse the historic district and drive through neighborhoods. If you are driving through town and love pancakes, The Coffee Cup is the place for you!

Visited September 2013

“Fun Family Stop on Way to Hoover Dam”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped with kids on way to Hoover Dam. My husband had the green chili omelet and I had huevos rancheros. Even though omelet is written up more, we like the huevos better. Kids were happy with pancakes and waffles but voted waffles were better. If you don't want to wait, get there before 9:30 am, but even the waits weren't long for people that came in after us.

Visited October 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“The real deal for a hometown restaurant”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Guy and/or his producers must have known what they had found when they decided to feature this place on Triple D. Open only for breakfast and lunch, this is an easy place to find in downtown Boulder City. We came for lunch. We got sandwiches and burgers, all were excellent and the fries that came with were some of the best we've ever had. I got a club sandwich, which had the typical veggies and proteins you expect to see. No cheese, which I prefer, it's not needed, and two slices of bread. No traditonal third piece but to me that's a filler anyway and the bread slices were thick enough. Soft drink and tea glasses never went empty. Service was friendly and attentive. Plenty who appeared to be regulars there, a good sign. I have to believe everything else is just as good. Prices very reasonable. Any time I come back to Vegas and I have a rental car [which I prefer to have, rates are cheap] I plan to return to the Coffee Cup Cafe.

• Visited October 2013
N Ireland
“Big breakfasts and kitschy surroundings”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went here before visiting the Boulder Dam Museum. Husband had a great omelette and I had sausage, hash browns, eggs and bacon. Bacon far too crispy for my liking but I probably should have realised that might be the case having seen breakfast bacon at other USA eateries during our holiday - us europeans seem to like our bacon practically raw as opposed to crispy bacon favoured in USA so not a criticism of the diner in any way. Everything else was just right. Great wait staff. Kitschy decor, surfboards, pictures, all sorts of things. Overall good value.

• Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Kitschy Fun Diner Experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent the afternoon exploring Boulder City after a fun morning at the Hoover Dam. You cannot miss the Coffee Cup Café. The outside is decorated with all types of weird odds and ends and there was a bundle of people outside waited to be seated in the otherwise quiet little town.

The inside looked like exactly how you want a fun diner to look like. The hostess and our server were efficient and capable although not overly warm or inviting. We are from PA where diners do not have liquor so it was fun for us to have a Bloody Mary which comes in a clear plastic solo cup with a strip of bacon garnish. My husband very much enjoyed it. I know the place was featured on Diners Drive Ins and Dives but we weren't particularly overwhelmed with our brunch. It was good but did not blow us away but the menu is awesomely diverse and offers some interesting choices. My husband had a scramble which he expected to be a "flavor explosion" but it wasn't. Everything was tasty - just not blow you away good. It took a bit longer to get our food that we would expect from a breakfast joint but we still very much enjoyed ourselves. I think it is one of those places that is really inconsistent depending on the time of day, server, and staff on duty.

If you are in Boulder City and want a fun diner experience with decent food then stop here. I would suggest it based on the menu choices and atmosphere alone.

• Visited February 2013