“Try the Papas Con Chili Verde”
Review of Coffee Cup

Coffee Cup
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Boulder City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stopped here on the way to Hoover Dam, because we'd seen it on DD&D. Surprisingly, the coffee wasn't that good; tasted kinda weak (the reason my review is a 4 instead of a 5).

The papas con chili verde was great. It was spicy, but not too much so. The green chili had lots of big chunks of tender, slow-cooked pork. It's served over tasty home fries, with a warm flour tortilla on the side. My mouth is watering for this as I write.

I'd never had green chili before this. Now I can't wait to have it again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went here on our way to Hoover Dam, at the recommendation of someone where we rented a car from, and it was a great call! Although there is not much in the way of ambiance, it is neat to be off the strip and somewhere local. We had breakfast, and hoped to make it back for lunch but time ran out. The food was delicious, service was great, and it is well worth the drive away from the strip. If you eat here, you have to try the peanut butter pancakes...AMAZING!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went here on a brutally sunny and hot day. The main dining room on the right was very full, and I wanted some quiet so I sat in the nearly empty side dining room. I remember in front of me was a door or window covered with a poster that blocked the view. There's another window but still, the room was very dark on a sunny day. The waitress was very nice and although I didn't pick any of her recommendations, it was sweet of her to try. I chose the bbq sandwich, added cheddar cheese, and opted for the fresh fruit on the side. All the food was yummy and the prices were about average for a casual sit-down restaurant. I might go back but only after I've tried a few other places nearby.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

After seeing this on TV, decided to give it a shot -- we live near Boulder City. Nice décor and atmosphere, very chic and fun & fits in well with the fun down town area of shops and restaurants. Ordered the tuna melt, yummy with thick bread and the tuna salad was home made. My brother ordered breakfast which looked good & my husband had mashed potatoes & meat loaf - the mashed taters tasted like instant! Texture and taste which was a let down. Wait staff not friendly, not rude, expected a little more 'home town' hospitality. Will need to visit again & order breakfast for a fair review.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Thanks a lot, Guy. Thin burnt hockey pucks called sausage and thick burnt leather straps called bacon. Ga-ross. I'd pass unless you just want a cup of coffee, they got that right. Decent atmosphere but the food made me wish I'd have found a McDonald's... and that's just sad.