“Best Meal We Had In Vegas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coffee Cup

Coffee Cup
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, OH
“Best Meal We Had In Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went here on our way to Hoover Dam, at the recommendation of someone where we rented a car from, and it was a great call! Although there is not much in the way of ambiance, it is neat to be off the strip and somewhere local. We had breakfast, and hoped to make it back for lunch but time ran out. The food was delicious, service was great, and it is well worth the drive away from the strip. If you eat here, you have to try the peanut butter pancakes...AMAZING!

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food's great, service great, just a little dreary inside.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went here on a brutally sunny and hot day. The main dining room on the right was very full, and I wanted some quiet so I sat in the nearly empty side dining room. I remember in front of me was a door or window covered with a poster that blocked the view. There's another window but still, the room was very dark on a sunny day. The waitress was very nice and although I didn't pick any of her recommendations, it was sweet of her to try. I chose the bbq sandwich, added cheddar cheese, and opted for the fresh fruit on the side. All the food was yummy and the prices were about average for a casual sit-down restaurant. I might go back but only after I've tried a few other places nearby.

Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not impressed but will try again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

After seeing this on TV, decided to give it a shot -- we live near Boulder City. Nice décor and atmosphere, very chic and fun & fits in well with the fun down town area of shops and restaurants. Ordered the tuna melt, yummy with thick bread and the tuna salad was home made. My brother ordered breakfast which looked good & my husband had mashed potatoes & meat loaf - the mashed taters tasted like instant! Texture and taste which was a let down. Wait staff not friendly, not rude, expected a little more 'home town' hospitality. Will need to visit again & order breakfast for a fair review.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manassas, Virginia
“Didn't live up to the hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Thanks a lot, Guy. Thin burnt hockey pucks called sausage and thick burnt leather straps called bacon. Ga-ross. I'd pass unless you just want a cup of coffee, they got that right. Decent atmosphere but the food made me wish I'd have found a McDonald's... and that's just sad.

Visited September 2012
Tucson
“Another Diners, Driveins, and Dives Winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Downtown Boulder City is practically a museum and existing solely because Hoover Dam was built nearby. After enjoying the downtown art deco architecture, stop by for breakfast or lunch (they close at 2pm, I believe).

The DDD recommendation of the green chile omelet is indeed a winner. Others at the table tried a variety of other things, including the chicken fried steak and gravy. All were very happy, the price was very reasonable, and I will stop again the next time I travel through Boulder City.