“Old time dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Old time dinner”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a seafood platter for lunch and it was really good. Service was really good as well. It was really close to our motel and a short walk to the down town area.

Visited September 2013

Boulder City, Nevada
“I can't say enough about how well they handle kids”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm a local, don't have small children myself. But this weekend, I went by with friends who did. They were amazing with the kids! They offered the young ones Shirley temples and Roy Rogers, then came back with IPADs for the kids to play games with. There was absolutely none of the huffing and eye rolling that often accompanies walking in the door with little ones.

The new owners I suppose have two years or so in the game, and they've remodeled from the former StarBurger format into an actual dinner place. As a local, I think they did this right: rather than walking in from day one with a brand new menu, we can still even now get our old StarBurger favorites. But new things are being placed on the menu and its transitioned into a real food place, one where you come to get dinner, and not just a burger in a basket. They still do the hand cut string fries - we had one over a foot long to the delight of the children - and that's golden.

We ordered mostly fried food and sandwiches, which were fine. But I ordered one special, their German Newscastle Kielbasa Soup, and this stuff was amazing. I was afraid to order, afraid I was going to get a heavy cream soup with more meat. I could not have been more wrong. It was light (broth based), complex and delicious. I could not have been more happy with this soup.

After eating, we went outside to watch a storm rolling in. We saw the cute little sandbox they have for the kiddies outside with picnic tables. So far, it doesn't look like the kind of are you can actually sit and get good outside service. But after this visit, I'm hopeful. Their slow method of rolling out changes seems to result in good implementation.

If the new owners read this, I'd like to say you're doing a great job. And thanks for breaking the changes to me slowly.

• Visited August 2013
Burbank
“Really nice little family restaurant”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We found this little place on our phone reviews when the other burger joint in town was too crowded. So glad we took a chance on this place. Not much to look at from the outside, but the inside is cute and clean. The staff very friendly, the food very good; burgers and chicken fingers. My husband ordered cheese fries and was a little disappointed to see it come with a cup of melted cheese, but when he dipped into it found it quite good and finished most all of it. The owner came over to check on us and was very friendly. Definitely try this place if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Charming Cafe, Very Goood Food (mostly)”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Late lunch for four today. Fried pickles were excellent. Omelet was very good but potatoes were cold and soggy. Reuben was excellent but a touch greasier than it needed to be, curly fires were cold and soggy. Chicken Ceasar salad was very good but over dressed. Crispy chicken wrap was good but under dressed and crinkle fries were, you guessed it, cold and soggy. Service and ambiance were excellent, as was German Chocolate cake and vanilla malt. All in all a very good experience with a little room for improvement.

• Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Good start to the day”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Just a short walk from the motel for a quick and economical breakfast. Friendly staff and generous servings.

Visited May 2013