“dam good =)”

Dam Helicopter Company
Ranked #13 of 29 Tours in Boulder City
More attraction details
Owner description: Dam Helicopter Company is a Helicopter Tour company located in Boulder City, Nevada. We offer three different helicopters tours that view the Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam together with the bypass bridge, and The Black Canyon. Our helicopter rides are short but exciting with the lowest price around town for the past 15 years, starting at $39.00! We are "The Best Dam Ride by a Dam Site by Dam Helicopter Company!"
Reviewed August 2, 2014

driving towards the hoover dam we saw the sign for helicopter rides under 30$ no way thats true so we had to stop on the way back to vegas.
It was so true there was no way we weren't going to do it. 30$ gets you a 2 minute ride (basically its a nice view but the point is your in a helicopter!!!!) for 70 and 125 you get a longer ride and a diff route. I think ours was called the lake view.
After paying you get weighed and then someone tells you the safety info. I thought the lady was great, some other reviews say she has an attitude but this lady knows what she's talking about and means business. If you ask her about the business you'll find out there also rescue pilots and they did some flying for the movie transformers. We hoped in the van for the 30 second ride to the helicopter and we were off. Best 2 minutes ever!
If given the chance, Id do the longer tour next time!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I came here last year with just my son, so this time I brought along my daughters as well.

We came for our flight in the morning around 10, and we didn't have to wait at all! Just filled out some paperwork, paid with a credit card, had our weight taken, listened to an ultra-brief safety talk, and away we went!

The 4 of us got to ride together (one person sits in the front next to the pilot). The Hoover Dam View Ride costs $69 per person for about a 5 minute flight. Yes, it's a lot of money for 300 seconds in the air, but the looks of excitement and wonder in my kids' eyes made it worth every penny!

A truly memorable experience!

1  Thank PhlegmMaster
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Indeed the $20 helicopter ride is tempting, you would regret being here if you are interacting with the only lady working there(in her 50's). She is full of attitude and would treat you as harshly.
I felt that I may be mistaken about her attitude, but people interacting with her said the same thing. Worst customer experience.

Pros: $20 for 2 minute helicopter ride. You get free dink and snack coupon, which can be redeemed from Hacienda Casino.

Cons: Misleading Ads:They dont highlight full package upfront which costs nearly $100 for approx 5 mins ride (around dam and lake mead) to attract customers. Many people returned with pale faces.

You have to wait in long ques to get onboard. You are pushed when its your turn to ride.

Pilot doesn't point facts and interesting sights visible from air.

No place to securely leave your stroller. When you ask that lady for help, she would answer " Its your problem, deal with it."

2  Thank maulik8888
Morgan K, Guest Relations Manager at Dam Helicopter Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2015

Greetings maulik8888 - Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input and feedback is vitally important to us, and we always want guest expectations and superior customer service to be met upon arrival.

We sincerely apologize for the attitude of our staff member. I have passed your feedback along to our office manager as we strive to provide excellent customer service for all of our guests.

Over the past few months, we have revamped our team with awesome customer service professionals and are in the process of upgrading to a new building, which will have plenty of room to secure a stroller.

We would appreciate another opportunity to fly with you, and hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Friendly staff, it's a bit like a conveyor belt though and the driver up the hill goes too fast for nervous passengers in cars!
The $29 ride is literally 2 mins in the air, $59 gets you just over 5 mins and goes over the Dam and Lake Mead really enjoyed it but they do expect tips.
Don't expect to be able to do their other tour advertised at $99 but actually costs $125 (staff response, "we do say prices subject to change on the website). Hardly anyone does this ride, in fact they try to talk you out of the ride. It costs $125 each if there are 3 or 4 of you but if there is on,y two they expect you to pay a massive $189 each. We asked to wait for others to see if they wanted to do the longer ride but were told not to bother as hardly anyone wants to do that ride.
So we went on the $59 ride which was fun but not what I really wanted to do, felt safe in pilots hands but not the driver's.
Most people seem to do the $29 ride, expect to be with another party if less than a group of 4.
My friends first time in a helicopter she was very nervous but she loved every minute.
I thought the safety briefing was rubbish, not what I expected from previous experience, nothing about what to do if the helicopter went down in water, other than pointing out the pull toggle on life belt. Nothing about the helicopter flipping etc and what to do, I know it's unlikely firstly to happen and secondly to survive if it did but not taken seriously enough for me.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Took the $29 dollars ride, 2 minute trip. Really short but my first helicopter and it was fun! Staff was nice, just ask when you sign up how many groups are in front of you.