“Nice cruise with very scenic view”
Review of Lake Mead Cruises

Lake Mead Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.99*
and up
Hoover Dam Tour With Lake Mead Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Lake Mead Cruises welcomes you for a relaxing tour aboard the famed Desert Princess - just minutes from the glitter and glamour of the Las Vegas strip. Built especially to cruise the clean, blue waters of picturesque Lake Mead and tour the Hoover Dam, the three-level Mississippi-style paddle-wheeler offers an unrivaled sightseeing experience. Whether you choose a brunch tour, midday tour or evening dinner tour, you'll enjoy the wind in your hair, the sun on your face, or the comfort of the climate-controlled enclosed decks-surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice cruise with very scenic view”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I a giant party of nine came on the cruise not aware how great the views would be from the dinner cruise. It worked out great for us because some in the party had never seen Hoover Dam and the cruise offers a view quite different from the one you experience doing the tour of the dam. I high recommend the dinner cruise for a anyone looking for a enjoyable and relaxing good time.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Dinner Cruise”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have had three trips on the Desert Princess now; once a shared cruise, a private cruise in stormy weather and finally this last one. We hired the paddle steamer for our private use in June and Lisa made all arrangements for us. Despite our transport being late Lisa was calm and organised and the evening turned out to be perfect. Weather was calm and warm, staff were friendly, polite and helpful and dealt with 43 boisterous guests perfectly. Food was excellent (highly recommend the beef ribs!); DJ was good and overall it was a wonderful experience which we would do again. For a lasting souvenir ask about getting your own personal captain's hat!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Vegans beware”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I prearranged 2 vegan meals for this cruise and they assured me over the phone that it would not be a problem. I double-checked this before we left for the cruise. When the server came around to take our order, it was a problem. They had no vegan meals aboard. The manager came around and implied that I should have spoken with a manager over the phone about the special meal. How was I to know that? I was assured by the person I talked to that vegans and vegetarians take this dinner cruise often. Please do not blame the customer! This is poor customer service on top of a mistake already made. They were able to make one vegan burger over a salad (it was ok) and my date had the vegetarian meal (he is not vegan). We got fruit for dessert. I did not get enough to eat and had to have a second dinner when we got back to the hotel on the Strip. I was offered no compensation for the fact that Lake Mead Cruises messed up. Very disappointed and not worth the money spent. Lake Mead is beautiful, but I don't recommend this cruise based on the quality of the food and the service. Vegas is becoming an extremely vegan friendly town, and Lake Mead Cruises needs to keep up. Vegans are everywhere and you must cater to them. We are nice people...we just don't eat animals.

Visited April 2013

3 Thank happytobeatraveler
Devon
“Pleasant but not outstanding”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Boat trip made a pleasant break from the hot desert surroundings. We did the champagne brunch, lots of food but not so much champagne. Biggest disappointment was that the DESERT PRINCESS is not a stern-wheeler as advertised but a normally powered boat with an ornamental wheel and funnels.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not spectacular but something fun”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I took the cruise as part of the power pass deal. Just like many Vegas attractions, they make you take a photo before you get on the boat. Everything on the boat is rather expensive form food, to snacks, to drink.

The cruise leaves the dock and is narrated most of the trip with a history of the lake, the dam, and the boat itself. You do get to see a nice view of the back of the Hoover Dam. The scenery is pretty and the cruise itself is very relaxing.

The cruise was fun, but probably not something that I would do again. Definitely wouldn't pay full price for it either!

Visited July 2013