“Amazing! Don't miss Hoover Dam when visiting Vegas!”
Review of Hoover Dam

Hoover Dam Hummer Tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hoover Dam, once known as Boulder Dam, is a concrete arch-gravity dam in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River, on the border between Arizona and Nevada. Hoover Dam impounds Lake Mead, and is located near Boulder City, Nevada. Paid parking, visitor center and guided tours.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I visit Hoover on every Vegas trip. Never tire of it. Don't miss it if you are visiting Las Vegas. It is a quick trip out 95 east, only 20 miles or so.

1  Thank CindyPendley
Write a ReviewReviews (7,590)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Hoover Dam is one of man's greatest man made wonder of the 20th century. I have been coming to this place since I was a child in the 1960's. It is still breathe taking to me every time. I seen the water level at its highest in September 1983 and today at its lowest in July 2014. It has changed a lot since I first came here. Today, you have can view the dam from the bypass bridge. You can get great pictures from that point. Then drive down to the dam and drive over the dam to the Arizona side. Parking is free there and hopeful it will stay that way. You can get great pictures of the dam as you walk over the dam. The tour down into the dam was excellent when I went down it in the 60's. Don't know how it is now but I am sure it still educational. After seeing the dam I drove down Lake Mead Shoreline. There are viewing points along the lake. Can get some good pictures of the lake and shoreline.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

No matter how many times you drive over the dam, it's worth stopping. I do wish the parking wasn't so expensive - it's a must pay for everyone.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We decided to see the Hoover Dam (HD), prior to arriving we visited the Boulder City Visitors Center. They advised to drive over the Dam and park on the Arizona side, saving a $10 parking fee. We did this, worked out fine, walked back across on one side to the entrance and back on the other side when leaving. We did the cheaper tour (Power Plant Tour), this was adequate and gave a good understanding of the HD. I now understand why the dam was built and am impressed with the human feat to build the dam. This beats the hell out of a casino, see this, you won't regret.

3  Thank BellCopterJockey
Reviewed August 3, 2014

When you go to Vegas you should rent a car. And since you have that car you should drive up to Hoover Dam. It only takes an hour or so and the place is an awesome sight to behold. Write down the names and locations of the hotel/casinos you see along the way so you know where to stay when you go to Vegas and you want something more affordable.