All reviews great pool free coffee great retro spanish style close to downtown stay there again cool down rooms were very clean two queen beds hoover dam and lake mead air conditioning small town pet office freeway kitchenette vintage
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Have been staying here of and on since the 70's. My work used to put me in this area quite a bit. Finally began to avoid the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas and Boulder City became my stopover spot. This Motel my favorite. It's still clean and everything works. Plenty of good enough restaurants. Easy in and easy out.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Really nice rooms, really clean, great friendly service.
We would stay there again, but would ask to be put where the long term linemen were not staying.......

The lady who checked us in was super friendly, as promised, no chemical odor smells, so no headache, great park nearby to walk yourself and/or your dogs!!!! Very near great restaurants and stores....to drive or walk to!!!

Room tip: Ask to be put away from where the linemen are staying......they smoke outside their rooms....a lot.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We needed a night in Boulder City for our visit to Boulder Dam. On recommendations found on TA I took the chance and booked 2 rooms at El Rancho (we were 2 couples) . The motel looks like it has not changed since the 1960's, and yet the rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. It was fun to slow down and step back into another era. We walked to the diner next door, and this too was a fun visit back in time. We did not regret our choice at all, a pleasant quiet stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank LysB
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Was here on business for a few weeks. Hotel is nice and staff is friendly. Only problems I had were that the Wi-Fi rarely works. Motel office manager told me to call tech support to sort it out which I felt that should of been there responsibility. I did call and dealt with the tech support people for 2 days and it still don't work right. The other problem is that the housekeeping people tried to just let themselves in without knocking first. This happened a few times and once they actually knocked. Think I shall stay the rest of my trip somewhere else.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank swo0sh23
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Historical motel and one of the better places to stay in Boulder City. Recommend and we would stay there again.

Large room priced at a reasonable level.

Service was good....albeit at a motel standard. Kitchenette attached, however we did not use.

The rooms our group had could use an update in terms of carpeting and and furnishings and are the main reason why we did not rate higher than "Average". We think the rooms were well-cleaned; however the older, worn carpet and the dated furnishings could give a different impression.

Date of stay: October 2013