“Okay place to stay, could use updating, funky smell in room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder City
El Rancho Boulder Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Boulder City
Irvine, CA
“Okay place to stay, could use updating, funky smell in room”
Reviewed April 10, 2008

We stayed here one night to be close to Hoover Dam which we were touring the next day. The staff was friendly and the location was good. There just aren't a lot of hotel choices in Boulder City. The room had a funky smell that we could not identify. We opened the window for a while and then left the ceiling fan, but the next morning, we could still smell it when the fan was off. The room seemed reasonably clean, but the bathroom shelf had quite a bit of rust on it. My husband complained about the bed, but my kids and I thought they were comfortable. There was no shampoo in the room, but I think if you asked at the front desk, they would give you some. I had to ask for a blow dryer. Try Evans for dinner.

• Liked — Location, staff
  • Disliked — funky smell in room, rooms could use some updating
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed April 1, 2008

We needed a good, basic motel room on a trip to Hoover Dam. I booked El Ranco Boulder after reading the reviews, and they exceeded my expecations.

The motel is older (in a good way) and reminded me of family road trips in the 60's. Checkin was fast, and the manager was very helpful and friendly. We parked the car about 10 feet from our room. Their parking lot works well if you have a toyhauler, RV, or boat.

The room itself was spacious and spotless. The level of housekeeping was better than some 4-star properties I've stayed at. Shampoo wasn't provided, but they cheerfully gave me some when I asked at the front office.

Boulder City is divided into a new and old section, and the motel is situated at the boundary. The new section of town has the usual assortment of fast food and grocery stores while the old downtown has a lot of interesting restaurants and cafes. It's all within a mile.

Noise wasn't bad at all. A truck bypass limits traffic noise. We never heard any noise from the adjoining rooms.

I highly recommend El Rancho Boulder as a great alternative to LV. It's very convenient to Boulder Dam, Lake Mead, and the many kayaking, bicycling, and hiking options in the area.

• Liked — Convenient, clean, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Pool not heated
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank kenish
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2008

Boulder City is a lovely little town to stop at on your way from Vegas to Hoover Dam or the Grand Canyon. This is what we did!

Location: Hotel is on the main street with many other hotels. Easy to spot. Little to no traffic noise.

Service: Easy going- Nothing too fancy . We turned up with no booking and they were able to provide for us a room with 3 beds, which was fantastic!

Amenities: There was a pool, which we didn't use. The weather was too cold. It's outside and surrounded by the car park.

Food: There was free coffee offered in the mornings. Less than 5 minutes up or down the road would take you to a local diner/cafe for meals.

Rooms: Were fine. Everything was a bit old, but that didn't bother us in the slightest. 2 TV's with cable, comfortable beds. The rooms could do with being lighter, but otherwise more than adequate for one nights sleep.

Parking: You could park your car right outside your room.

Advice: Definitely go and visit one of Boulder City's little diners. The locals are friendly and charming!!
Thanks!

• Liked — Getting a room with 3 separate beds
  • Disliked — Noisy people in the room next door! Comes right through the walls...
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank l0ve4jesus
las vegas
Reviewed December 19, 2007

we have a 36 foot boat, and had no problem parking. the owners were on site and and extremely helpful. the pool was huge, and we loved the barbeques in the pool area, it really made the evening after a long day at the lake. we had a great time there

Stayed July 2007
san bernardino, CA
Reviewed November 25, 2007

The room was spacious with a kitchen area with old appliances. The curtains would not pull together. We booked here because they falsely claimed to have good boat parking. We had what I consider an average family boat – 22 footer. Whoever wrote there was good boat parking didn’t have much of a boat. In the morning my daugher had the pleasure of sharing the bathroom with the biggest cockroach we had ever seen!!!! We do think the heat of Boulder City may have contributed to its appearance. The hotel across the street was very nice to let us use their internet at no charge.

• Liked — Not at all exceptional. Close to Lake Mead. Boulder City small town.
  • Disliked — No amenities. Just an average roadside motel with average parking.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2007

My wife & I stayed here on our way from Vegas to the Canyon. Clean, comfortable, friendly. Free coffee in the morning. For the price, a good value. Get breakfast at the Coffee Cup up the street.
Good bathroom, clean bedding, good pool. Enjoy.

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We only planned on staying here for one night after arriving on our late flight, but we liked this place so much, we bailed out of our big hotel on the Las Vegas strip and went back to the El Rancho!

This motel sits directly on US 93 through the heart of Boulder City, but I never heard any road noise once inside the room. We stayed in rooms 1 and 3 on different nights, and room 1 was next to the office and ice machine. I was concerned about noise here too, but once again, I never heard anything at all from outside!

The room was plainly decorated, but pleasant and comfortable. It was obviously well-maintained and very clean. We had a king bed with a mini-fridge and microwave for $60/night. The pool area was surprisingly nice. With a lot of motels, the pool is too exposed and kinda yucky, but theirs was clean, partly shaded, landscaped, a nice size, and offered plenty of chairs, tables, and loungers. I enjoyed the best swimming of my trip at this pool! The pool area also offered 3 grills for use, 2 were propane and one was the charcoal kind. What a nice touch!

This motel is in the older downtown area, within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Try the Coffee Cup for breakfast! The El Rancho is also very convenient to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, and offers parking for boats going to the lake.

We had a nonsmoking room that was truly nonsmoking, and they guarantee that when you book. For people with allergies (like me), you can't put a price on that!

Front desk service was fabulous. I interacted with 5 different people between making reservations and checking in and out, and all were super-friendly and helpful. These people know how to give good customer service!

If I could give the El Rancho 10 stars, I would. Clean, comfortable, and a great pool, for the right price!

• Liked — great price and lovely pool
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
#22 of 26 in Henderson
Fiesta Henderson Casino Hotel

Been to El Rancho Boulder Motel? Share your experiences!