“GOOOOOOD TIMES!”

$159.99*
and up
Grand Canyon West Rim Airplane Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic Airlines is the largest and most experienced aerial tour operator in the world, specializing in Grand Canyon airplane tours. In 1967, Scenic Airlines flew it's first sightseeing tour and has since been an pioneer in the aerial sightseeing industry.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“GOOOOOOD TIMES!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

What a great way to escape the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas!
Booking was simple enough, and I chose to do the Grand Canyon Deluxe South Rim tour with the optional North Rim helicopter ride. Departed from Boulder City around 6:30AM.

Boarded the flight, flew a little over an hour, and arrived at the South Rim airport! The view were simply incredible! Was able to catch the sunrise too! Hoover Dam and Lake Mead were the first sights I saw. Lake Mead is HUGE! Then the canyon just opens up and it's seriously incredible. It looks like everyone on the flight gets an amazing view too, even those in the middle aisle! ( It's a small aircraft =] )

So once I landed out there, I was guided to the heli-port and flew over the North Rim for about 25 minutes. Bumpy because of the wind, but damn we were 8,000+ from the very bottom of the canyon and I'm not going to lie, I'm terrified of heights but this was just so worth it.

Anyways, after the helicopter landed, I boarded the bus that took us to the National Park and had about 40 minutes at Mather Point, which I think is the most popular and most recognizable viewpoint. Wow! It was a cloudy day (I like cloudy, dark weather) and it was perfect! It wasn't so crowded either, which was nice. Excellent panoramic opportunities.

Well, it's time to go home now! Boarded the bus that took us back to the airport, and flew back to Boulder City Airport. Views were wonderful on the way back too! Arrived back around noon.

TL;DR = Worth the price, UNESCO World Heritage Site, great company, great customer service.

GOOD TIMES.

1 Thank JetLifeSkybourne

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent experience with super service”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

First class service with scenic abetting us to see the grand canyon in comfort would recommend this to anyone

Singapore
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Best grand canyon tour!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Everything about this tour is wonderful. We took the South Rim tour: 2 ways airplanes from Las Vegas + 15 mins helicopter grand canyon + short coach trip to the view points. The airplane is with big huge windows. You can view the scenery from above, Scenic Airlines. Helicopter tour is a joint collaboration with Papillon helicopters. After which,a short coach to the view points. The lunch provided was pre-packed but it was delicious. They were all so awesome. No time was wasted. Coordination was flawless. I had used the shortest time yet had enjoyed to the fullest. I'm really glad I had chose Scenic Airlines for the tour.
However, the weather must be suitable for the flight else it will be postponed. Thus, luck plays a part as well.

1 Thank GlamSpring
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I cannot rate this company highly enough. I booked this trip for the 3rd of January to celebrate my wife's 50th Birthday. We were collected from the Hotel and transferred to Boulder City airport in a luxury coach. We had chosen the Deluxe trip to the South Rim of the Canyon. So we flew there over 100 miles of the most fantastic scenery on Earth. With beautiful views of the Hoover Damn and the West Rim of the Canyon. At Grand Canyon Airport we were taken by Tour Guided Luxury coach to Bright Angel Trail, where we were given a boxed lunch and an hour to explore the Canyon. We were then taken to Mather Point where we were given an hour and a half to explore and view the Canyon before being transported back to the airport for the flight back to Boulder City. From start to finish we were treated like V I P guests. If you go to Las Vegas be sure to take half a day for this trip!!!!

Visited January 2014
Hong Kong, China
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“great experience”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The shuttle is on time to pick us up to the airport. Nice service at the beginning of the trip. It is fantastic to travel to the south rim by plane with great window. You can have a nice view no matter which seat you take. A little pity that we cannot take the helicopter due to bad weather. This day tour is highly recommended.

Visited November 2013