“Best breakfast”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stopped off for breakfast on the way to The Hoover Dam.
Nice friendly Waitress showed us our table and served coffee straight away.
Breakfast arrived 5 minutes later . Steak and eggs hash browns fried potatoes for me.Pancakes piled high with strawberries and blueberries for my daughter.Coffee was replenished as needed.Best hash browns ever!.Kept us fuelled for the "Hard hat" tour of the Hoover Dam.Waitress gave us a rundown of what to see while in the area.
Nice interior with vintage decor.A great Breakfast instead of the Buffet queues back at Vegas.

1  Thank 4underpar_2010

Reviewed June 18, 2010

Every time I take an out of town visitor, they always want to go back to Mel's Diner when they come back to town. We all had the chicken fried steak today. The hash browns (w/ vidalia onions or without) are crispy and delicious. The eggs are good, the toast and bacon all excellent. The country gravy (with large pieces of sausage) and the "steak" is good. The steak has never been gristly, it is crispy on the outside and smothered with gravy. All portions are generous. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the food. The service is always fantastic. The same young ladies have been working there for years. The owner is always helping out too... I believe her name is Melanie, and this is not the Mel's Diner chain restaurant. It is owned by a local. Place is VERY clean too. You can sit at the counter, sit outside, or sit in the dining room. Dining room is small, but comfy once you get seated. If there is a wait and you don't want to eat at the counter, you can wait inside or let her know you'll be outside waiting. It is worth the wait if they are busy. They clean off tables promptly in consideration of any people waiting. I always leave a large tip because they deserve it! I don't think they have a website. Something on the menu for everybody. Heard other people inside talking about the good waffles and french toast.

1  Thank My_Aventador
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Super fast service, yummy food and great prices! We stopped on our way to the Hoover dam and were in and out in 40 minutes. Fries were awesome! Biscuits and gravy were just like homemade with sausage in the gravy! Omelette was light fluffy. I was able to finish it all! Burgers were great nice crispy bacon perfectly cooked!

1  Thank adaria1
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Very much enjoyed food, atmosphere and service. Mel and the curly blond with the black glasses, unfortunately I don't know her name, were very attentive and even allowed to have breakfast outside the Diner (which normally is possible just on weekends) - where she had to take care for us.
Even Mel's Diner T-Shirts look great (which I saw the next day, when I had a quick chat with her inside the Diner due to our food take out plans).

1  Thank ralfmalf
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We eat in Boulder City at least once a month. Mel's is our favorite place to stop. Food is fantastic and the service is great. Waitstaff is attentive and you are always made to feel welcome. Love their gravy and the yummy onions served with the hashbrowns.

1  Thank NVMartha