“Friendly atmosphere and great breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mel's Diner - CLOSED

Mel's Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Friendly atmosphere and great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I went to Boulder City to stock up her supplies at Goat Feathers which is right across the street from Mel's Diner. We were both pleasantly surprised at how we were welcomed by Greg who was also our server. We both had omelets and coffee and tea. Greg constantly came over and "warmed up" my coffee so my cup was never empty. I haven't had that type of service in a long time. The building that the restaurant is in was first opened in 1931. The restaurant is small but makes the atmosphere very cozy. I found the price of the food on par with other restaurants. The restaurants name is not taken from the TV program but from a school teacher named Melanie quite a while ago.

• Visited September 2013

Arkansas
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Mel's Diner doesn't look like much from the outside or the inside but the omelets are to die for. I convinced my husband to stop here on the way to Hoover Dam and he was glad we did. The sourdough toast was delicious as were the potatoes but the star of the show was the omelet. We even thought about going to Mel's the next morning from Vegas but had a full schedule. GREAT breakfast.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank VikkiG
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Its a small place and I sat at the counter just like years past. Really nice breakfast if you like the standard eggs, toast and hash browns. I eat there everytime I go there. Its part of the charm of Boulder city.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank dpfeifer_11
Boulder City, Nevada, United States
“Over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Service was slow and not great. Food was blah and the waffle with strawberries and whip was $13. Excuse me? No way. I don't recommend this place to any one. Go to coffee cup service is okay but food worth the money, which isn't much.

• Visited November 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Lunch at Mel's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Heading back to Phoenix from Las Vegas in July. Stopped at Mel's in Boulder City for breakfast. A small place in old town. The building is the oldest in town built in the 30's. It was crowded and cramped. Will not accommodate more than four people at a table so no large groups. The service was very friendly but very disorganized. The food was decent but slow and being the summer it was getting warm inside. Took about 1.5 hour to eat breakfast. Glad I ate there once for nostalgia, probably won't ever go back.

• Visited July 2013