“Service so bad that I didn't go back”

Boulder Dam Brewing Company
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Boulder City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the historic Old Town district, Boulder Dam Brewing Co. is Boulder City's first and only brewpub. Located across the street from the Boulder Dam Hotel, the brewery is less than five miles from Lake Mead and less than eight from Hoover Dam. Practically a museum in itself, the brewery features decor and fixtures from the 1930's, silent films made during the construction of the dam, actual pieces of equipment used during the construction and a myriad of art depicting Boulder City's beginnings and brewing from the period. A destination for locals and visitors alike, Boulder Dam Brewing serves up six original pub-brewed beers at a time. The 40-barrel system allows the flexibility to offer many unique styles, from refreshing Pilsners to hoppy Pale Ales to creamy Stouts. Food ranges from traditional pub fare to salads, burgers, sandwiches and more, all prepared from scratch. The brewpub also carries a great selection of craft beer from around the world, wines and non-alcoholic beverages. With plenty of seating inside, and a beautiful beer garden outside, it's the perfect place to stop by for a pint and a bite.
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I visited the Boulder Dam Brewing Company in 2009. The service was so bad it was laughable. The food was pretty good, but it is hard to enjoy your meal when your server is horrible. I came back to Boulder City in 2010 and steered clear of this restaurant. It's a shame because I love breweries.

2  Thank JillieBean77

Reviewed April 7, 2010

My dining experiences in Boulder City have turned that neighboring city into a nice respite from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas. Most of the spots I have visited have made me appreciate the lack of pretension and simple good qualities of a dining experience that "B.C." has to offer. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Boulder Dam Brewing Co.

Let me preface by saying that I usually frequent and love microbreweries. I love the hand-crafted beer I will get and the simple, yet comforting cuisine on the menus at such places. While Boulder Dam had a couple of nice beers on their beer sampler (the High Scale IPA or the Aggregate Amber were very drinkable, the majority weren't anything worth recommending. The food wasn't much better. While the wings was a nice appetizer, the sandwiches and burgers seemed skimpy on the product and mediocre in flavor to boot.

The staff was fine, and the place had a nice outdoor patio area. The prices were normal, but quality is the deciding factor, and because of that, I will not go back.

2  Thank orange-u-tall
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stopped at the Boulder Dam Brewing Company after touring the Hoover Dam on Monday, Dec. 28th 2009. We stopped for a light lunch and to try the beer. We decided to order appetizers. A very small side of fries was $5, the boneless wings were over cooked, and the chili cheese fries was more like chili than fries. We also ordered 3 beers. It turned out to be an expensive lunch for what we got and it was not very good. Our waitress was talking with her friends while we waited for our bill. Worst meal and service we had in Vegas.

1  Thank jmp10
Reviewed October 8, 2009

we made a stop here after visiting thet Hoover dam - and we were glad we made a second stop in Boulder City. This is the type of place you can't find in Las Vegas - good beer, nice people, local atmosphere. We just sampled some beer and had a pretzel before heading out to the airport. I am glad they were open on a Monday evening and the beer was great.

1  Thank citylover2
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stopped here for a few drinks and a bar meal while staying at the Boulder Dam Hotel opposite. Very friendly staff. Gave us lots of time to choose our food and beers and were knowledgable about them all. Good seating outside to watch the world go by.

Seemd to close quite early, but then we were there on a weekday and maybe we're used to UK closing times. Would definitely go back again.