“convenient to the Boulder Dam Hotel across the street”

Boulder Dam Brewing Company
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Boulder City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the historic Old Town district, Boulder Dam Brewing Co. is Boulder City's first and only brewpub. Located across the street from the Boulder Dam Hotel, the brewery is less than five miles from Lake Mead and less than eight from Hoover Dam. Practically a museum in itself, the brewery features decor and fixtures from the 1930's, silent films made during the construction of the dam, actual pieces of equipment used during the construction and a myriad of art depicting Boulder City's beginnings and brewing from the period. A destination for locals and visitors alike, Boulder Dam Brewing serves up six original pub-brewed beers at a time. The 40-barrel system allows the flexibility to offer many unique styles, from refreshing Pilsners to hoppy Pale Ales to creamy Stouts. Food ranges from traditional pub fare to salads, burgers, sandwiches and more, all prepared from scratch. The brewpub also carries a great selection of craft beer from around the world, wines and non-alcoholic beverages. With plenty of seating inside, and a beautiful beer garden outside, it's the perfect place to stop by for a pint and a bite.
Reviewed November 23, 2008

My wife and I were staying at the Boulder Dam Hotel. I knew beforehand that the brewpub was located close by. We went there for lunch. The place was pretty empty. We sat outside where they have misters to help you beat the heat. The food was just OK in our opinion. The beers seemed to be a little on the weak side. I enjoy a really stiff IPA. Theirs did not fill the bill as far as I was concerned. I also had the stout. Although not great, it was closer to what my expectations of what a stout should be. Despite the fact that that I was not overly impressed with the beer or grub, I would go back to give the place another chance. This would be especially true if I were staying in the Boulder Dam Hotel again.

1  Thank sheltercove
There are newer reviews for Boulder Dam Brewing Company

Reviewed November 16, 2008

I love this family oriented brewpub!!! They always have a different brew to try on certain days. Great place to go on St. Patrick's day! They had a live band that night and their outdoor balcony is roomy and enclosed very nicely with a gazebo roof. Everyone was merry and friendly- makes you feel at home!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boulder City, Nevada
Reviewed October 9, 2008

Graet brews is the focus here. The food menu is limited, but enjoyable.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My friend and I stopped here for lunch on our way back from Hoover Dam. We both had burgers and I tried their IPA and a Shandy (Powder Monkey Pilsner & Lemonade). I recommend the Shandy on a hot day when you don't want to get too buzzed. There is a nice outdoor patio area with misters or you can eat inside at a table or the bar. The service was quick and friendly. The food is typical bar food. I liked my burger and especially the potato salad that came with it.
It looks like a fun place to check out at night when there's a bigger crowd. They have an event calendar with all kinds of silly days listed. We were sorry that we missed Talk like a Pirate Day. Arrrrrgh!!!
http://www.boulderdambrewing.com/ - is their address if you want to see the menu.

4  Thank Mailgirl
Reviewed May 22, 2008

After giving up on Milo's Wine Cellar for Mother's day late lunch, we walked down the street to Boulder Dam Brewing Company. We understand this is a fairly new restaurant.

Food was good although a few "extra touches" would have improved this rating from "average" to "above average." For instance, my reuben special was steam-heated or microwaved rather than grilled and served on plain toasted bread . . .buttered and grilled would have put it over the top. Mozzarella sticks were clearly the prefab frozen variety (though fresh) with a decent but unremarkable marinara sauce. A couple of us had the bratwurst. The bratwurst itself was very good but served on an uncooked plain white hot dog bun, with a dollop of sauerkraut on the side in a basket. A little butter-and-griddle action, a hard chewy roll, and piping hot 'kraut would have made a nice upgrade for the price.

Portions were satisfying although there was no "wow" factor of being overwhelming for the money. Service was pleasant although somewhat casual.

That said, we were happy to be accommodated (a group of 7 kids and adults) without reservations needed. We did try a flight of microbrews and would come back for those! Anyway, I hope they keep working on the details; we would try this restaurant again.

1  Thank Suburbanite_FL