“Great Beer Garden - Bier Garten”

Boulder Dam Brewing Company
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Boulder City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the historic Old Town district, Boulder Dam Brewing Co. is Boulder City's first and only brewpub. Located across the street from the Boulder Dam Hotel, the brewery is less than five miles from Lake Mead and less than eight from Hoover Dam. Practically a museum in itself, the brewery features decor and fixtures from the 1930's, silent films made during the construction of the dam, actual pieces of equipment used during the construction and a myriad of art depicting Boulder City's beginnings and brewing from the period. A destination for locals and visitors alike, Boulder Dam Brewing serves up six original pub-brewed beers at a time. The 40-barrel system allows the flexibility to offer many unique styles, from refreshing Pilsners to hoppy Pale Ales to creamy Stouts. Food ranges from traditional pub fare to salads, burgers, sandwiches and more, all prepared from scratch. The brewpub also carries a great selection of craft beer from around the world, wines and non-alcoholic beverages. With plenty of seating inside, and a beautiful beer garden outside, it's the perfect place to stop by for a pint and a bite.
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stopped here on our way to the Hoover Dam. We are glad we did! I enjoyed the Shandy, which was the monkey pilsner mixed with lemonade, maybe a girly beer, but I am a girl and I enjoyed it, it was almost like soda, very refreshing on a hot day. My husband tried a sampler and he really enjoyed the Powder Monkey Pilsner and High Scaler IPA. He also had an excellent burger, the Hot Dam! Burger, if you like spicy, try this burger. I had a salad, with chicken and apple wedges, also very good. They had a fried cheesecake which we tried and it was also good. Good service and good food, can't go wrong!

There are newer reviews for Boulder Dam Brewing Company

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I went to Boulder City to try a new restaurant. We had heard about Boulder Dam Brewing Company through the "Best of Las Vegas" reviews. The food and beer was all fantastic....however, the service was a disaster! We had to ask someone to help us and our salad and entree were served at the same time. I am generally very forgiving because I am a server myself, BUT this server had one other table. Just one! And she ignored us the whole time.
The place was nice, but the service was so bad it will keep me from going there as much.

1  Thank VegasRep
DamBrew, Owner at Boulder Dam Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my little brewpub. I apologize for the delay in responding (I just learned I can replay to reviews!) I'm so sorry the service was sub par on your visit. We did have a bit of an issue there for a minute. Being three years ago, I'm hoping you have returned and enjoyed yourself! If you think you might give us another chance, we'd love an opportunity to impress you. Cheers!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Beer is exceptional, Outdoor patio is top notch and food is pretty good. Our service, however, was over the top. Our service, Angelia, was as good as you find anywhere. Made sure we had anything and everything we needed, was charming and made the dining/drinking expereince that much better. Music the night we were there was not great but did add to the overall experience

Great overall experience

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We've given this place quite a few shots, each time hoping that they would have gotten their act together with the beer. We've only been disappointed each time.

From what we've heard the beer is extract brewed, rather than all-grain brewed. This will inherently affect flavor and it must in this case. It just isn't possible to gain the depth of character and body with extract brewing as it is with all-grain brewing. Basically, its just a large-scale homebrew setup. If this isn't the case, well, then I don't know how or why the beer is so lackluster.

When we go, we will always order a sampler of their beer offerings. On several occasions each beer tasted like sanitizer. On another occasion, each beer tasted relatively the same. Just so you know, an IPA should not, under any circumstances, taste remotely the same as a light lager. That occasion was perhaps the most common experience. The beers just lack the appropriate profile for each style. They're weak. On our most recent visit they had an irish cream stout or porter. That was, without exception, the worst beer I have ever tasted in all my adventures with beer. The worst, I tell ya. And I've tasted over 2000 beers. That one was the worst.

Yes, they've been voted this and that and have been given accolades and such by local magazines and newspapers for their brewing . But the readers of the Review Journal who vote for the Best of Las Vegas also decide -- year after year -- that Red Lobster is the best seafood restaurant in Las Vegas. So, take that as you will.

I really like the location. It's right in the old downtown area of Boulder City. I really like the building and garden patio. I really like the incorporation of the history of Hoover Dam into the marketing of the beer. I really like the staff. The owner of the place seems to be a nice guy. The food is alright. I've had good sandwiches and appetizers and poor barbeque. But most barbeque in Southern Nevada is poor. I would really like this to be a place we'd return to on a consistent basis, but since each time the beer has been so unimpressive, we don't seek it out.

1  Thank HillPill
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Probably too jet lagged to make a worthwhile assessment of the food, but the beer was good and there was free entertainment ouside in the form of a country trio. A pleasant way to get accustomed to American culture [even if half asleep].