“Great thrilling adventure”
Review of Skydive Las Vegas

Skydive Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Skydive Las Vegas -- the first-time skydive experts. Jump out of our perfectly good airplane, freefall at 120 MPH, then enjoy the parachute flight while taking in spectacular views of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the Colorado River and the Las Vegas Strip. Skydive Las Vegas has been in operation since 1993 and is Nevada's longest running student skydiving center and the first to specialize in first-time tandem skydiving. We are located at the Boulder City Airport in Boulder City which is only minutes away from the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. When you are in the airplane and in freefall you can see the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the Colorado River, the beautiful golf courses of Boulder City, the Las Vegas Strip, Mt. Charleston, Red Rock Canyon, the Valley of Fire and more! Our landing zone is located right next to our facility making it easy for your friends and family watch you jump and land right in from of them. After landing, you walk right back into our facility and celebrate the most exciting thing you've ever done. We use only the finest state-of-the-art equipment and airplanes. We fly new PAC-750XL skydiving airplane that can carry up to 7-8 tandem jumpers (14-16 people) per load. The PAC-750XL is the only airplane in the world built specifically for skydiving. Our skydiving equipment is the latest and safest available today. We offer complimentary transportation from the Las Vegas Strip in pristine shuttle vans. We have the largest and nicest skydiving facility in Nevada, complete with a large air-conditioned lobby, restrooms, HD television for your viewing pleasure, snack and soda machines, and most importantly a Starbucks Coffee machine that brews fresh ground Starbucks coffee.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Great thrilling adventure”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was a great time and a great experience. I had wanted to skydive for a few years. While in Vegas, I thought it would be the perfect time to do so.
I searched the web for a place to skydive and found Skydive Las Vegas.
They were top notch from start to finish. They offer free shuttle to and from Vegas to Boulder City airport (the jump is over Boulder City, Nevada). They didn't pick up me up at my motel but picked up across the street from the Mandalay Bay.
Once we arrived at the jump location, the shuffled us through registration and a brief safety class pretty quickly. The class focused on what to do when leaving the plane and how to land. After the safety class, we paid for the jump and were allowed to purchase pictures and/or videos of our personal jump.
I would recommend at least getting the DVD. They do a good job of putting together a video of your jump. The jump itself goes rather quickly and you probably won't remember much of it due to adrenaline. BUY THE DVD!! It is fun to laugh at your own face distorted by the 120mph winds.
They took everyone up eight at at time. The rest waited in a waiting room. The room had a couple of tables and a big screen TV that was playing ESPN. They also had vending machines for refreshments.
Once it was our turn to jump, they called us into the hanger to suit up. They provided jumpsuits, harnesses, and goggles. They only thing we had to bring were our own tie up shoes. After we were suited up it was about a 15 minute wait for the jumpmasters to get back into the hanger and grab another parachute. Then we were off to the runway to board the plane.
The flight up was pretty close quarters. I think we were all a little to nervious to really care.
Once we were at altitude, they opened the door and shuffled us one by one out the door and into freefall.
The jump is like nothing else and you have to experience it to know the feeling.
After the jump, we went back to hanger to get the gear off. We had another 15 minute wait or so for the DVDs to be done and the shuttle back to Vegas. On the way back, we got to watch each others jumps and laugh at ourselves.

All in all, I was very happy with Skydive Las Vegas and the experience. I would recommend them to anyone. During the entire adventure, I never felt unsafe and was confident in there ability to get me back to the ground safely.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT JUMP MIKE!!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Awesome Time”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Very professional and experienced staff. They did a great job walking me through the whole equipment check process. It was an awesome adrenaline rush and would definitely recommend this company to anybody that wants to skydive in the Las Vegas area. Thank You!

Cardiff
150 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Thrill a minute”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I booked this for my wife. She loved it. Service form Skydive was brill. I wasn't booked to go, but they let me go with my wife for free in the bus from Mandalay Bay to Boulder City Airport and back. Now that's customer service. Process of getting from ground to air was quick and safe. My wife loved the tandem jump and hasn't stopped smiling. We took up the photo package. 260 of them!!
Great attraction, great service and worth doing. Compared to UK and AUS tandem dives, this was quite cheap too.

Wayne, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Experience, safety, adrenaline filled fun.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

From moment picked up in Vegas on Time in comfortable van to arrival in a well equipped facility w many well trained support employees, former military, to getting on a plane, professional, inclusive, well experienced, emphasis on safety, laughter, to the moment you are out of a plane looking back feeling amazed and safe w your supportive comforting instructor right behind you, i dont remember any fear but smiling to ear to ear and laughing until we were dropped of to our hotel. My face muscles were sore from smiling and laughing for 24 hours. Will definitely do again once in LV again. The highlight of our trip....
Thank you!!!

Visited August 2012
“The only way to see Vegas.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Initially had a 8am jump that was put back to 9am the day before (no complaints as it gave me a lay in). Arrived at the pickup point by 8.15 and the minibus wad already there waiting. Allowed to have my last meal before departing at 8.45.

Seemed strange completing the liability waiver while at the same time trying to learn the correct positions however the basic training is physically repeated upon arrival.

A 30min wait and then you were getting all strapped up ready for your instructor. Mine was Kevin who immediately put me at ease with a few jokes at the same time as re iterating the training.

As first one in the plane I realised that I would be last off and the nerves started to build. However takeoff was a breeze and the view on the climb was great with the major points of interests being pointed out by Kevin. It is not the most comfortable of journey's as you do have a parachute in your crotch area however that is due to optimising the number of jumpers the plane can hold.

The jump itself is out of this world and the adrenalin rush is unbelievable. At no time did I feel in danger right to the point of landing (alongside the runway). The views are spectacular and if you want you can control the parachute they will let you.

Have not had chance to review the video footage (but guess I will have made a fool of myself) so cannot comment on the packages.

By 1pm I was back on the strip trying to come down from the high I was on.

Definitely would recommend for anyone wanting to try something different while in Las Vegas and another tick off my bucket list.

If you want to Skydive in Las Vegas this is definitely the place to go.