“Visiting Tandem Instructor”
Review of Skydive Las Vegas

Skydive Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Skydive Las Vegas -- the first-time skydive experts. Jump out of our perfectly good airplane, freefall at 120 MPH, then enjoy the parachute flight while taking in spectacular views of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the Colorado River and the Las Vegas Strip. Skydive Las Vegas has been in operation since 1993 and is Nevada's longest running student skydiving center and the first to specialize in first-time tandem skydiving. We are located at the Boulder City Airport in Boulder City which is only minutes away from the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. When you are in the airplane and in freefall you can see the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, the Colorado River, the beautiful golf courses of Boulder City, the Las Vegas Strip, Mt. Charleston, Red Rock Canyon, the Valley of Fire and more! Our landing zone is located right next to our facility making it easy for your friends and family watch you jump and land right in from of them. After landing, you walk right back into our facility and celebrate the most exciting thing you've ever done. We use only the finest state-of-the-art equipment and airplanes. We fly new PAC-750XL skydiving airplane that can carry up to 7-8 tandem jumpers (14-16 people) per load. The PAC-750XL is the only airplane in the world built specifically for skydiving. Our skydiving equipment is the latest and safest available today. We offer complimentary transportation from the Las Vegas Strip in pristine shuttle vans. We have the largest and nicest skydiving facility in Nevada, complete with a large air-conditioned lobby, restrooms, HD television for your viewing pleasure, snack and soda machines, and most importantly a Starbucks Coffee machine that brews fresh ground Starbucks coffee.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visiting Tandem Instructor”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was a visiting tandem instructor in 2012 and did many jumps as an instructor at this professional and superb skydiving center. Skydive Las Vegas is a top tier dropzone (skydiving lingo) located in a beautiful area of Boulder City near Lake Meade and the Hoover Dam (just southeast of Las Vegas).

The instruction staff and management at this location is by far the most safe and highly experienced in the industry, and will help you on your first skydiving journey with fun, excitement and safety. The staff here prides themselves on efficiency, safety, and attention to every detail. The hospitality provided by Skydive Las Vegas begins with a courtesy shuttle from the strip to their location at the airport. You are greeted with state of the art training, and you get to experience the thrill of skydiving with the most modern tandem parachute equipment and plane.

I highly recommend this adventure for even the most tentative adventurer. I promise you won't be dissapointed with Skydive Las Vegas.

Best there is!!!!!!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank JECarlow

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was a little hesitant but got talked into jumping by my friends. We got picked up in the shuttle van in the morning and were drivin about 40 minutes to the center. The shuttle ride was smooth even though the driver looked like he was about 13. Upon arriving we were welcomed by a bunch of guys who I assumed were a welcoming crew, but later on found out we'd be jumping with these guys. After suiting up and getting ready I met my guy. He had just landed about a minute before we got in the plane. "Chicago Dan" promised me he'd take care of me and show me a good time and that's exactly what he did. From takeoff to landing it was nonstop jokes and fun mixed with some pretty scenic views. "There's the Hoover Dam, it's concrete and stops water." PRICELESS!!!!
A little expensive but a must stop if your in Vegas!!

1 Thank Travelingmofo
Oak Forest, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Something I've always dreamed of doing. Dan Cassan made the experience unforgettable. Dan made me feel so secure before and during the jump that all my feelings were of pure enjoyment. The area is very scenic. The view of Lake Meade, Boulder City, the Strip, the Dam and the surrounding area was amazing. All the staff was pleasant and the accommodations clean and welcoming. I would jump again in a heart beat. Thank you!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank jean m
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My first mindblowing experience ever!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent service, very kind and considerate people!! They were excellent right from pick up at the Mcdonalds at the mandalay bay till the point where you land at the ground from jumping from that freakin plane!!

My instructor Mike, was a very good guy (He saved my life :D)..Hats off to everyone for doing such a mindblowing jobs for creating life long memories for everyone.

The one thing that i would like to mention is they called up so many times to keep you followed up, at first they had a plane maintenance which they rescheduled, and they were so kind and let me know about it and reschedule me.

Everything was pretty much overwhelming and fantastic.

The free fall?? it was MMIINNNDDDDDD- BLOWWWWINGGGGGGGGGG!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Abhijit D
Lexington, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Top notch staff and experience. From timely Vegas Strip pick-up to safe landing everything was exactly as described. Instructors were competent and fun and safety was always the priority. Highly recommend this group and the skydiving experience. Spring for the video and picture package...it's such an overwhelming sensory experience you'll want to experience it again and again.

Visited December 2012