We stayed at Chateau la Roque for one week and had a most relaxing holiday. Our hosts, Chantal and Jean were absolutely charming and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in the small 'Garden Room' which had magnificent views from its balcony. The room has an ensuite with 2 sinks and a powerful shower, and a separate toilet and bidet. The bed was really comfortable. There are seating areas on many levels in the grounds in small secluded terraces. The pool is carved from the surrounding rocks and is a place to cool off rather than to swim any distances. Breakfast is served on a lower terrace with breathtaking views below. There is a selection of fresh locally produced fruit, delicious yoghurts, crusty bread and coffee/a wide selection of teas/herbal infusions made from plants in the hotel grounds. We dined at the hotel on one evening and the meal was superb. The food was freshly bought and prepared by Jean that day and was delicious. Jean and Chantal are extremely kind people and they were always patient when I tried to speak French to them. Their English is excellent. There are many villages within easy reach and Avignon is a short drive away too. We also visited the lavender fields and a vineyard. Jean and Chantal are always willing to advise on trips out. The prevailing atmosphere at the hotel and in the local area is relaxing. The hotel itself is a tastefully renovated castle which dates back to medieval times. It is fascinating to talk to Chantal and Jean about the way that they have carefully modernised it and still retained its integrity. We would certainly recommend this as a brilliant holiady destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Avignon, the Luberon and the Mont-Ventoux, Chateau La Roque is an exceptional 11th century chateau-fort overlooking a provencal landscape. The Deluxe rooms and suites with modern amenities, antique furniture and elegant decor, offer a discreet luxurious atmosphere.The views from the rooms, gardens and panoramic swimming pool are stunning. Calm and serenity are everywhere. Wether in the terraces in summer or in the Templar room in winter you will savor our breakfasts prepared with fresh local produces, our gourmet dinners and selection of the region's best wines (Chateauneuf du Pape, Vacqueyras, Gigondas, Ventoux, Luberon). Come and visit us for an unbelievable time in Provence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Chateau La Roque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau La Roque Chateaux And Hotels De France
- Chateau La Roque Chateaux & Hotels De France Hotel La Roque Sur Pernes
- Chateau La Roque France/La Roque Sur Pernes