“delicious”

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“delicious”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

small charming restaurant - delicious food and very reasonably priced. The fish was excellent and so was the entrecote. Desert was a little too sweet for my taste.

Visited July 2013

Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“Attitude problem”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

When you are mainly catering to tourists who are not expected to visit Fontaine de Vaucluse more than once, why bother to be friendly and forthcoming if something is not quite right? That seems to be the attitude of both staff and the owner couple at Lou Fanau. It did not help that my truffle omelette was so undercooked that I would have had to eat it with a spoon. Naturally, I brought this to the attention of the owner, who tried to convince me that that was the way the omelette was supposed to be. When the omelette eventually reappeared from the kitchen (cooked properly this time) I was offered only a timid apology.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cadieren
Tallahassee, Florida
“Why the Rudeness?”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our luncheon salads were enjoyable, as was the Ventoux rosé. Why, however, does one receive a warm reception and friendly service at some Vaucluse restaurants and the sang froid treatment that we got here? I don't understand why people in the tourisme/restauranteur business can't act as though they are glad to have paying customers. By the way, we were not the problem. Unlike this restaurant's employees we were glad to be in Fontaine de Vaucluse and were as polite as usual.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Vandover
Townsville
“Best Value/Best Food And Service”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I arrived with a friend who has eating there for many years and they were fantastic hosts . We went for a la carte as there were certain dishes he recommended. First the Truffle Omlett, then the Beef with truffles and then a creme brulee. We also had a pre dinner drink and a couple of bottles of wine. The food and hospitality was exceptional.Great value for money. I would have to say that of all the restaurants I dined in the south of France that this was my favorite. I intend to return.

• Visited December 2012
Hadera, Israel
“The best tastes”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had the honor to taste a real Provencal food. The taste of each dish we had rolled in our mouth with great pleasure. A family restaurant that make food for pleasure.

• Visited October 2012