“Great food and outstanding service”
Review of Chez Dominique

Chez Dominique
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant, on the main plaza of Fontaine de Vaucluse, was formerly La Colonne. We enjoyed a lovely dinner there on a balcony overlooking the plaza. Great food and service. We highly recommend it.
Chipping Campden, United Kingdom
“Great food and outstanding service”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on three occasions during our visit, probably the friendliest patron of any restaurant we visited , this is run by a husband and wife team with all cooking done by Dominique to a very high standard. Small menu which concentrates on local seasonal produce backed by great value local wines. I was given a choice of three wines to taste before finally making our choice. Great food, very friendly service hosted by a charming couple who really care about what they serve to their customers.
Very popular, you will need to book in advance!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank cyclingwolfy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Frederick, Maryland
“A well prepared dinner with very friendly service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My dinner at Chez Dominique was very satisfying. The food was excellently prepared. I had terrines two ways for my entree, I enjoyed both. The trout I ordered for my main was excellent. I ordered the crѐme brûlée for dessert. Now, I have to tell you I am a crѐme brûlée snob. I have very definite opinions on what makes a great crѐme brûlée. A spoon should be able to bounce on the sugar crust, but the crust still needs to be delicate enough to easily crack through to reach the custard. The custard must be clean tasting, not pasty or eggie. The temperature of the custard should be ambient, not refrigerated. The brûlée needs to be carmalized completely and very slightly carbonized in spots, but never taste like burned carbon. This presentation was perfect except for a bit of egginess in the crѐme. When asked how it was, I told the server this. He came back with a bottle of a liquor called Elixer of Ventoux and poured a bit on my remaining crѐme brûlée. I tried it and I couldn't believe it. The egginess I had encountered was gone and the slightly acidic taste of the the Elixer enhanced the dish to a level that was superb! Great lesson! All-in-all I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at the Chez Dominique. Before leaving I was taken down to the kitchen to meet the chef, Dominique, herself. I was now even more impressed. Dominique was wearing an arm sling. She had hurt her arm and was cooking one-handed! Pretty impressive. I can't wait to taste her food when she is cooking whole! The recommended red wine, Domaine la Citadelle was delicious.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Limulus
Luxembourg
“Very nice restaurant with good simple food”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

During our visit to Fontaine de Vaucluse (a real cool place to go to btw), we had a quick lunch Chez Dominique and all three of us had the blanquette de veau (15€) which was very nice. Dominique is a nice host and takes good care of hus guests. Don't forget to ask him about his knives ;-)

Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Incredible creme brûlée!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining here during our stay in F-d-V. The food was all delicious - locally sourced and cooked with simplicity and skill. The service was very friendly, each course & in particular each (excellent) local wine well explained. Great value.

• Visited November 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere,great food.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

So pleased we reserved a table in this restaurant(especially as when we arrived there was a sign up saying fully booked).We had a table on the balcony and all chose from the set 33 euro menu and the choice was good and the food was good.Good choice of wine ranging from reasonable upwards.Service was friendly and we were the last to leave at 11.00pm which is quite late by this villages standard as most other places were closed!
Really enjoyable.