“Quaint and Tasty Shop”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Quaint and Tasty Shop”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very old time Alaskan shop in an old historic building. Cafe and Bakery with homemade treats , soups and sandwiches. Basic, but good and inexpensive. Easy to pack back to the hotel for breakfast or the train ride. Fun, ecclectic gifts up front and lots of CANDY!!!

Visited May 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Gift Shop!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we stepped into The Kobuk - Cafe and Old Fashioned Gift Emporium our senses were filled with sweet, spicy, exotic fragrance of their Samovar Tea. When I finally was able to move beyond the allure of the tea, I found a wonderful and unique gift shop with something for everyone. The building is one of the oldest buildings in Anchorage - was originally a family owned mercantile and is still full of the historic remnants of earlier times. There is a cafe/bakery in the back which used to be part of the living quarters of the original owning family. I felt like I was in a museum as much as in a gift shop. I would go back again and again. Hope you enjoy too!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Just breath in!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Kobuk Coffee Company smells incredible! Even if you have no interest in Coffee or (their delicious) tea, you should stop by to see all the quirky souvenirs. It also has a wide range of foreign candy for adults and children.

• Visited April 2014
Delta Junction, Alaska
“Delicious donuts!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our family has a weakness for old-fashioned donuts and this recommended visit did not disappoint us! The coffee and tea was excellent, the gift shop was worth an hour of fun browsing time and the clientele was interesting. This is an Anchorage classic with lots of character. I am so glad we finally stopped after many walks past. The only problem is the late hour of opening (10 am). I NEED my coffee fix before this and that makes it inconvenient. If you can wait for your fix or are looking for a second cup, don't miss this unique spot!

• Visited February 2014
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
“Charming”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Every trip I make to Anchorage finds me in this shop. I love the Samovar tea, the coffee and tea selections and the shelves of jars of bulk candy. It reminds me of a simpler time. The coffee/pastry shoppe in the back has some very tasty selections I recommend trying one (or 3) and the staff is always friendly and helpful. The selection of merchandise and souviners are lovely as well. I love browsing here over the other massive shops in town for souvenirs plus you get a much different selection of items than you see in every other shop in town. If you'd like a charming experience while in Anchorage, you must stop in.

• Visited January 2014