“DIM SUM”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We couldn't stay away from this place. The food is excellent. They have the best pork buns and steamed bok choy I've ever had. Wish we had one in my neighborhood.

2  Thank Susan D
There are newer reviews for Charlie's Bakery

Reviewed August 13, 2011

There is no atmosphere. You frequently have to wait awhile in line to order and then again to get your food. It's often crowded. But oh is it worth it. The food is to die for. The taste is very distinctive and so good. The desserts are heavenly. Who is to say if it is 'authentic'. Who cares! it's wonderful!

Reviewed December 1, 2010

My wife is chinese, and so I really get confused when I see reviews stating that this is really traditional chinese food.......???!!!!
I'm not criticizing the food. It's good AMERICAN chinese style. But NOT, traditional Chinese.

For traditional, I don't think anchorage has a place.

2  Thank sdavisalaska
Reviewed December 10, 2009

If I could eat here everyday, I would- Today the sticky rice was awesome and the red bean bun was soft and fresh MMMMM.

1  Thank debfoo
Reviewed June 4, 2009

If you like Bear Tooth, Nino's or Guido's this is not the place for you. If you like traditional Asian food you might enjoy your visit.