“Surprisingly good New York steak..BUT”

Sorrento's Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 895 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The owners wife is pushing business away. My husband has been going to Sorrentos since the 90's and got me to LOVE Sorrentos, especially their salad dressing. It came to a point, I was the one ALWAYS suggesting Sorrentos for dinner. All of the staff have been wonderful. But, after a couple of terrible run-ins with the owner of Sorrentos' WIFE, we will not be coming back. This is after visiting the restaurant 3-4 times a week, regularly. She tells me I don't need extra dressing, after my request. My outlook is, if its a problem, charge me for it, but don't tell me I don't need something I enjoy from your restaurant and begin to "teach" me how YOU eat your salad dressing. After driving another 30 minutes to bring back my salads because they were not the salads I ordered, she took them, asked me if I ordered Greek salads and she walked off, never suggested that she correct it. I left also, completely appalled. After waiting over an hour and a half to eat (including driving time.) Well, lady, take my $10 for 2 wrong salads and a $4 tip for take out. This is only a short version of what happened (I tipped thinking she was going to get me the dressing, plus, they were busy, and I appreciated her.) I appologize for being an inconvenience and we will be sure to take our business elsewhere. This place needs to hire a "real" manager. God forbid you get something you didn't order or request extras. Expect attitude about it at Sorrentos, and don't expect a correction. Sincerely, a belittled and unimportant former customer.

4  Thank Lifelongalaskan

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Thought we would try a new place for "Pizza Friday" sure glad we did. Pizza was great, our waiter...great, and service....great! Will add to our frequented places, sure to try the other Italian Cuisines offered

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I finally went here with my dad after hearing rave reviews from people in Anchorage, and really was not terribly impressed. The staff were nice, but the food was really just average. Maybe I am picky, but my pasta sauce was completely bland. Not something worth paying extra for on an evening out.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Best Pizza in Anchorage, I've tried almost every place in town and nothing compares. have never tried anything else, the pizza is just too good.

1  Thank kris j
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love this warm, cozy restaurant! The food is always good, we've never been disappointed. The dinner salads and homemade dressings are great and come with the meal. It's easy to carry on a conversation in the restaurant. Prices are reasonable as well.

2  Thank TheAlaskans