“Quiet, Cozy, Peaceful ambience, delicious food, courteous staff”
Review of Fiori D'italia

Fiori D'italia
Ranked #107 of 889 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

For our wedding anniversary dinner we were looking for a quiet and peaceful restaurant. I booked a table at one of the 'popular' places in Anchorage. My wife made me cancel the reservation and insisted on trying out Fiori D'Italia after some internet search. The location was very unusual and little dreary for a good restaurant and my wife waited in the car while I went in to check how the place was. To our delight the place was cheerful, not crowded at all (not being crowded had nothing to do with the quality of this place as we found out from our experience.).
This place has the feel of a rustic, traditional restaurant; the feeling that disconnects you from the outside busy world. Food was awesome, service was fast and the staff was very courteous. We found several vegetarian options which was a plus.
In some other reviews I read that the food quality was not good and staff was pushy...Umm, I can't believe that at all.
I almost don't want a lot of people to come here and make it very crowded, but that is for selfish reasons, hahaha.
I am coming here again (and again)...
Food: Very Nice, vegetarian friendly
Staff: Courteous
Price: Depends on what you are looking for. For special occasions one won't mind it at all.
Ambience: Romantic and Quiet (I don't know if partygoers will prefer it)
Location: Not in a busy neighborhood, that's good.
Hours: Excellent

1  Thank shekhariitr

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My partner and I eat here at least once a month if not more. The owner serves us almost every time we go in and her husband is a remarkable chef! The atmosphere is much like a haunted mansion and it adds to the experience. I would suggest the escargot as an appetizer. Their escargot far surpasses any I've ever had and I am a food snob.
If you enjoy cocktails, they make a special olive oil martini and it is ridiculously good.
Enjoy!

1  Thank JenTheulen
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had high hopes that the time it took me to find this place would pay off... but sadly that was not the case. Although the staff were friendly and the wine selection was good, the food was not. I ordered the Veal Parmesan. It was thick, overcooked, and had the consistency of pot roast. Veal parm is supposed to be thinly pounded and tender :/ Furthermore, the red sauce on top was extremely bland. I am sticking with my trusted Campobello next time I want Italian.

1  Thank Sarah V
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is an out of the way place in Spenard, with excellent food, at good prices. It is never busy here, but always very good. Service is great, the food is great, and it is a quiet place too. Take your wife here for a romantic night out...you won't be sorry...

2  Thank villvyko
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This restaurant has been around for a long, long time.....Good Italian food and some of the best steaks ever. Simple, quiet and nice gathering place. It's tucked away in a residential neighborhood and you won't find it if you're not looking for it. We had the steak, lasagna and a chicken dish and all was terrific.

3  Thank Haydenbarb