$169
$251
HIExpress.com
$212
ComfortSuites
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$189
EmbassySuites.com
Hotel Alyeska(Girdwood)(Great Value!)
$333
$259
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$199
All reviewsclose to the airportquiet hoursno shoesgreat place to stayoatmealfront desk staffshowerbunkdowntownloungingalaskamattressesratessummer
Reviewed June 22, 2016

I was sincerely impressed with the quality of the staff and comfort of the hostel. I've stayed in hostels all around the world and this by far was my favorite! The beds were comfortable and the multiple kitchens and bathrooms made for a spacious feel. Everyone I met from the owner, staff and guests were more than pleasant. Overall it was a great experience. I highly recommend it. The rules are reasonable and fair and also enforced making it a pleasant place no matter what your lifestyle.

The location is about 2.5 miles from downtown Anchorage in a residential neighborhood. There are a few restaurants close by, see Gwenies. Taxi from the Airport is approximately $10 for two people. Taxi to downtown Anchorage is approximately $13. Bus is $2 per trip.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2016

Anchorage is an expensive place. There are also some areas where a solo traveler does not want to be walking around at night. After traveling through Alaska the last two summers, I won't stay anywhere else except with them! The place is clean and inviting, "house parents" are very helpful and will work with you to find that great Alaska experience. I highly recommend the Spenard Hostel if you love good company, free wifi, informative staff, free coffee and breakfast fixin's, and a comfortable place to lay your head.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

Our trip was split between Anchorage and Fairbanks. In Anchorage, we stayed at Spenard Hostel. The place was clean and you often found the staff tidying up. Staff and other tenants were all respectful and easy going. I work for Hilton and receive a very generous discount on hotels in the Hilton portfolio. Our stay in Fairbanks was at a Hampton inn for roughly the same price, however, we enjoyed our stay at Spenard hostel so much we ended up checking out of the hotel early and staying with them again! Great place and people, will definitely be recommending them to all my friends traveling through the area!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2016

Decent hostel with a good community feel and colorful artwork. Nice outdoor areas to pass the many daylight hours (in the summer), and cats! We camped so I can't comment on the dorms, but there were enough kitchens for everyone to spread out and cook. Quiet neighborhood and easy to get to from the bus line to/from airport and downtown.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel parent was incredibly informative and helped me find my way around town. There were plenty of bathrooms and kitchenettes within the building. Music and a large table on the main floor made for a great hang out area. The hostel had a very welcoming atmosphere which made me feel right at home!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo