“Barely the bare minimum”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Travel Inn
Ranked #87 of 125 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

So booked online by a friend I don't expect a lot from Alaska in general but the people who staff this hotel act like they live here. In fact I'd be surprised if most of them don't. The lady who checked us in had written down a password for the wifi but never told us what server it was for and there are like 8 we would have called to ask but the phone in our room didn't work. Our room was clean enough on the surface. The towels had stains the coffee was expired there were no extra blankets or pillows an when I asked for some at 9 pm I was told house keeping left at 6. All around it was a unpleasant experience the staff is rude the room is dirty the hotel if it can even be called that is more like a furnished apartment complex in the trashiest part of your home town.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Arile000

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I cannot give any stronger warning to future travelers: DO. NOT. STAY. HERE.

pubic hairs in the bed sheets
pubic hairs in the towels
dirty surface areas of everything in the room

i moved rooms and it was the same.

i slept in my sleeping bag on top of the bed and still felt disgusted. i didnt even venture to try the shower. i was embarking on a camping trip, and needless to say, camping in the woods was probably my hygenic than this room.

on top of all this, the room was $80 per night. not sure if all mid priced hotels are like in anchorage, but I prefer any 3rd world country shack (and I've seen a lot) than this place.

Stayed: August 2011
12  Thank jeff94103
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We had nickel size welts all over our entire bodies from the bed bugs. They took weeks to heal all the way gone. They have ROACHES with wings and those suckers can fly. They are also marching out of the cracks in the wood tub casing. There was a bed spread duct taped to the mattress. There are mice (rats?) in the lower rooms that eat holes in all your stuff. Our room smelled of animal feces and urine along with matching stains and burn holes on carpet. I called the police when they threatened me bodily harm for complaining. Then the next morning they pounded violently on our door and window to pay their $500 charge every time the APD has to come out. I called APD again and the officer negotiated a partial refund. It was enough for two nights at another place when I paid $900 for the month. Where are the proper officials who have the job to over see this place? No smoke alarms in any rooms. You will all die if the crack head drops their pipe. Sleep outside or go to a homeless shelter. You would be cleaner and safer. Our room also was missing knobs to turn on the shower water. Your basic human needs will not be met. You will be sick like my little girl is from the filth and bugs. Save yourself!

Room Tip: Merrill Field Inn has beautiful clean new remodeled rooms. That's where we stayed when we left h...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The advertisement at the Anchorage Airport, with phone number has the WRONG HOTEL NAME, which caused us to waste a lot of time and effort. The driver refused to help with luggage - I have a broken leg and am on crutches! The clerk was so rude she said to stay somewhere else, which we did. We told the manager how rude she was, and the manager thought that was just fine. The place was filthy, the computer and printer didn't work so they were not even capable of checking us in. We left instead of staying in such a horrible place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bushpilotfairbanks
Reviewed December 8, 2011

They lie and the place is dirty.They kept my deposit without reson and I am going to take them to small claims court.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else beside this place!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Ted B
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed here for one night while on a road trip in Alaska. I was looking for a cheap no nonsense room for the night, to try and save a few doolars (what a mistake).

I should have realised that this wont be a success when checking in. Unfortunately the staff could not operate a computer - this meant it took quite a while to actually get a room, or get a key coded. The staff didnt know how to process a credit card payment (we really should have left by no - but the adventurous spirit took us further).

The room was large (that's the end of its good points). It was really hot and the window wouldnt open. The a/c was poor.

The TV had a range of channels, but no ABC.

The shower temperature kept varying, and the sink was blocked.

This was one of the poorest stays in a hotel/motel in many years. I wont be back (but I did save a few dollars).

Room Tip: How to choose a good room ? Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stay away from this place. If you do stay get a tetnus shot after you leave. Very dirty place. I checked out an hour later. by no means did the refund my money. This place sucked. Looke like a place for drugies and hookers.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family