All reviewsfront counterplace to staydecent hotelother hotelslonghousefreezerhooddowntownsummer
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

The Long House Alaskan Motel is a older motel needs a little TLC . I paid for the Grand suite room and of course they rented it out before I got to Anchorage. Then they promised me that when I returned the next week I would get the Grand suite room since the week before they didn't give me any discount for the smaller room . I returned and guess what the room was not available . The guy at the service counter did make it right and gave me two rooms for the same price as the Grand suite .

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Adam K, General Manager at Long House Alaskan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

We always do our best to accommodate when things do not go as planned. Thank you for mentioning that we made things right by you!

Reviewed July 30, 2017

The lowest quality place we stayed on our Alaskan trip. We booked it because we needed a freezer for our fish. Beds are terrible. The room smelled like bleach. The outside was not clean small amounts of garbage all over in exterior landscaping, garbage cans were full. We paid $196.00 for our room got home looked up room costs on internet sites $139.00????? This place is a $50.00 a night value

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Adam K, General Manager at Long House Alaskan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

"Low Quality", I don't think so. We sanitize our bathrooms with the popular Clorox Clean up brand. Sorry to hear that you are sensitive to this cleaning product. Our Hotel is kept neat and clean. We are constantly dumping the exterior trash to keep a good curb appeal. Our rates are priced accordingly. however, I am glad to hear that you were able to use our commercial grade sub zero freezer to keep your fish solid frozen. If you felt so unsatisfied why did you not contact Hotel management to seek a mutual resolution?

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Stayed before an early flight home after a once in a lifetime deep sea fishing trip. Freezer for 120+ #'s of prime Alaskan fillets. Large rooms.

No A.C.

Happy with my stay. Near the airport so plane noise was not a surprise. Worth my time and money.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Adam K, General Manager at Long House Alaskan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Nicholas,

I am pleased to hear that our commercial grade sub zero freezer and Airport location met your needs. I'm glad to hear that your prime fillets will make it home along with your stories of Alaska!

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

It has a funky smell. We had to sleep with the window open like many other guests we noticed. There was only the bedspread, no blanket. We don't like using the bedspreads. The fridge in the room had a funny noise so we unplugged it so we could sleep. The absolute worse thing aside of the rock hard bed, was the towel hanging in the bathroom for us to bathe with had something red smeared on it and was simply re hung up for reuse . gross. The staff were super nice and it we convenient to the airport. Aside of that, not good.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin M

We encourage our guests to notify the office when there is a problem so that we can remedy it right away. We hope that you have enjoyed Alaska!

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

This is a decent hotel. It's not a 5 star hotel so you can't expect anything fancy. We arrived late at night, was happy to know that there was still someone there to check you in. Although the rooms are big, you can see the renovations, hardwood floors and the new pedestal sink. Still needs quite some work to be done in the rooms like screens on windows so that you aren't greeted by mosquitoes in the morning. TV seriously needs to be changed out, had a little hard time trying to figure out how to reprogram the remote because it wasn't at first, but the room is overall clean. Breakfast was okay, just something to start your day. We would definitely stay there again. Thank you to the front desk girl (I believe it was Ana) who greeted us with a smile and brought us extra towels and blankets with no hesitation. Also helped fix the TV. Wonderful place and wonderful people.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Adam K, General Manager at Long House Alaskan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Thank you for noticing the upgrades that we have made. We are continuing to upgrade every year. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us grow our business.