“Accomodating Staff”

Courtyard Anchorage Airport
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed July 31, 2014

During our 2 week Alaska stay, we were in and out of the Courtyard Marriott 4 times for stays. The manager accomodated our need to leave a vehicle in the hotel parking lot for 3 days while we travelled to Kodiak, staff arranged to keep our fish in the freezer until we flew home, and the hotel kept my larger luggage between stays so that I could take a duffle bag on the 4 day jaunts out to Kodiak and Katmai. I felt that hotel staff went out of their way to meet our needs. It was great to have access to a washer and dryer right in the hotel between legs of the trip. Check in and check out was fast and friendly. I liked the Deli's short order foods, especially the Strawberry-Banana Smoothie which was made with fresh fruit. The outdoor middle courtyard area was a very pleasant place to sit. The rooms were comfortable, though nothing particularly special. The did have a coffee maker in the room, which I appreciate. I would suggest getting a room on the top floor as I could hear the people walking in the room above me when I stayed on the 2nd floor. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to the airport and the shuttle service offered to and from the airport. It worked well for us and was convenient. We did have to wait about 15-20 minutes each time for airport pick up. But, that was not a problem for us. I would choose to return here on a subsequent stay in Anchorage if I needed to have easy access to the airport. Cab cost to downtown was $16.

Room Tip: I'd suggest you stay on the upper floor overlooking the courtyard, if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Close proximity to the airport, lovely comfortable room with a small kitchenette. Free coffee and fridge in the room. Bad is very comfortable and staff is quite friendly. A/C is quite loud though it turned it off.

Room Tip: Just got a room on the second floor and was satisfied.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had one night in this hotel before heading off into Denali Nat Pk. It was extremely comfortable with everything we could need. The Bistro was very nice, the food was good and readonably priced we enjoyed dinner and breakfast there.

Room Tip: I would think they would all be fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel was clean and what you except for a Courtyard. What was frustrating is they new nothing about the train to Seward for all the cruises. Staff was less than friendly and helpful in this regards.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was chosen largely based on its proximity to the Anchorage Airport and availability of shuttle busses. In spite of being Marriott Rewards members our request to be away from an elevator and in a room with no one above us was ignored. The result was poor sleep due those unwanted sounds.
The shuttle bus is another matter. When called from the airport the hotel kept from us the information that the shuttle bus would not be at Anchorage International on its usual schedule since it was on a trip to Merrill Field. When the wait is going to be more than a few minutes the hotel needs to tell you about it to allow you other choices, like a cab, etc. rather than keep you waiting, in this case more than an hour.

Room Tip: Since there is noise transmission through the floors you have to insist on being on the top floor to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JimjG
NMS-Lodging, Manager at Courtyard Anchorage Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hello-

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can grow from any mishaps. I apologize for the service you received regarding the shuttle. I would have been frustrated not knowing the length of time it was going to take and I have personally discussed this with our front desk staff to ensure good communication with the guests. Thank you again for staying with us and for your review.

Ashley Gardner

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We needed a hotel to check-into around midnight and to leave some gear at for a few days beginning our Alaskan vacation. This Courtyard was near the airport, offered a shuttle and was as clean and amenable as you would expect for such a property. We used the do-it-yourself laundry facilities upon returning from Denali. I would stay there again. Nothing special, but just as you would expect from a Courtyard property.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy D
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I often stay near the airport when I travel in and out of Anchorage, and most of the time at the Courtyard. We all know what to expect when we stay at this type of property, most Courtyard Hotels are similar, clean, comfortable, safe and convenient. So when we receive above and beyond exceptional service, we know we need to acknowledge it. Is appears that the General Manager, Jason Hill, is an expert at hiring people who are great at multi tasking, you know, those people who actually work in one department but can function well doing different things in other departments when necessary. This trip I had the chance to meet Jessie Bolger, who works in the little bar next to the computer area. I was having a tough time with all of the computers, and needing to do a report right away, I was almost desperate to make it happen. Jessie came to the rescue, and figured out what went wrong and fixed it. Thanks so much Jessie, I appreciate your help! And then there is Kevin Avery who honestly can do just about everything at the hotel, from assisting at the front desk, to working in maintenance, to exceeding in remembering a name and a face and most of all for always being helpful and considerate. When I arrived this trip, Kevin welcomed me by name and asked if I needed assistance. Considering that I was wearing an arm brace due to tennis elbow, I honestly appreciated his offer. Thank you Kevin, I wish all hotels had someone like you, travel would certainly be much better for all of us. From those of us who spend much of our time on the road, we need everyone to understand, the staff at the hotels we stay in either make or break our trip. Thanks, to al the staff and management at the Courtyard by Marriott Anchorage Airport, you never disappoint me.

Room Tip: If you can get a room facing the beautiful, well groomed courtyard, you will really enjoy it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business