“Great Place and friendly service.”

Courtyard Anchorage Airport
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
California
“Great Place and friendly service.”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We stayed one night in Anchorage prior to driving to Kenai. Your staff made sure we were picked up from the airport on arrival at 12:30 am, and had the type of room we requested. The room was clean, the bed and pillows were confortable and the shower and bath were very sanitary. Most importantly, the room was quiet. We had a very nice and affordable breakfast in the morning.
Your staff checked us right in and we were greeted with a smile, which is unusual in todays world.
In the morning, we used the Hotel shuttle to get back to the Airport to pick up a rental and the driver was courtous and she drove safe.
Overall, my stay at your motel was very impressive and would recommend it to anyone.
Thank you.

• Liked — Atmosphere and consideration.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HCB1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Stayed here with my wife twice as we transited through Anchorage, as part of a trip round Alaska.

Location is great, short drive to the Airport. They have a 24hr courtesy shuttle that runs from the hotel (but no pick up from the airport, you need to get a taxi), which was convenient, runs on the hour and half hour.

Rooms were quiet, we stayed on the 2nd and 3rd floors, nice and quiet, no noise from planes.

Easy check in and check out.

Had breakfast on one occasion, nice buffet or menu to order from.

There's no room service, you have to order out but they provide a selection of menu's. We arrived late one night, the lounge had stopped serving but take out was fine and arrived really quickly.

Would recommend this place as far as airport hotels go!

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank Jmpf
London
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Spent one night here before flying home after 3 weeks in Alaska. This was the most expensive room of our whole trip. We wanted our last night to be relaxing, a meal, bottle of wine, good night's sleep. We were very pleased with the room, very comfortable and lots of little extras. Fab shower etc. Was disappointed with the food options though as there is no restaurant in the evenings, only some "fast" food on offer in the rather cold atmosphere of the bar. (though the bar staff were very nice) or you can order in from a couple of other restaurants in the area, wasn't quite what I was after. The shuttle bus service was great, no problems at all if you prebook your return. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was nice though the staff were a bit disorganised. We had a voucher and then received a bill for someone else's breakfast, but it got sorted out no problem. All in all a nice stay but I expected a bit more of a hotel feel in the main function areas for the money, (we didn't want to eat in our room or at a bar) it felt like somewhere you'd only drop in for one night (which is exactly what we did!) but the bedrooms were above average compared to other hotels we stayed at in Alaska.

• Liked — comfortable room, nicely equipped bathroom
  • Disliked — lack of food options in the evening, cold atmosphere in the bar area.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, MI
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I stayed 2 nights while waiting to move into my condo.

The hotel is very easy to find and close to the airport. I did not use the free airport shuttle since I had my own car. This hotel is one of the closest to ANC or the Lake Hood airport.

Check-in was quick and easy. I arrived close to midnight due to flight delays.

The room was clean and spacious. However, the toilet water would not stop running after flushing the first time. I tried to figure out what was wrong but could not so I called the front desk for help. Was told that the maintenance person was not there at night but someone would be up to take a look. Took about 15 minutes and a person showed up with a plunger. I tried to explain that the problem is not that the toilet is plugged up but that the water would not stop running. The person told me he doesn't know how to fix it. He looked at the toilet for about 30 seconds and then told me he doesn't know what to do. By now I just wanted to get some sleep so I thanked him and told him I would call tomorrow for the maintenance person. I didn't want to waste water all night so I just shut off the main water valve. The next morning I called the front desk again and about 10 minutes later another person showed up with a plunger. Once again, I explained the situation. After about 10 minutes he declared that the problem was fixed. I asked him what was the problem but he stated that his English was poor and he couldn't explain it to me. Well, with my next flush, the toilet water would not stop running again. So I decided if he can fix it then I should be able to figure it out. It turns out that the chain was a bit loose and tend to wrap around itself so that the valve would not seat properly so water would continue to run. After I tightened the chain a bit, I had no further problems with the toilet. Still it was a frustrating experience.

Otherwise, I had no other problems with the room and everything else was in good working order.

The hotel has a nice indoor pool and an exercise room. There was also a computer room with two terminals for guests to use. Free coffee in the lobby and cookies in the evening. As other reviewers have mentioned, no free breakfast. Some common areas slightly worn but overall very nice.

The hotel is located close to Lake Hood and I can easily hear the planes when they fly overhead because the hotel is under their flight path. Especially since the planes are all prop-type planes, it's very noticeable. I was so tired that I slept fine but each time a plane flies over, the sound is very apparent in the room.

Overall, a nice hotel that is very convenient and close to the airports. Can be a bit noisy from the planes. My problems with the toilet was probably just an isolated incident but I have to downgrade my stay because of that.

• Liked — Close location to the airports
  • Disliked — Problems with the toilet and noise from planes
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
District of Columbia
Reviewed May 17, 2008

I had business to attend at Anchorage Airport, so I've booked this hotel. It's located 3 minutes from the airport, and yet you don't hear airplanes from your room.
Check in took longer than expected but I guess that person was in training. She made up for the lost time making us laugh. Very friendly employees.
We needed extra pillows and a blanket, so I've called with the request downstairs. GM himself and maid delivered our requested items within 3 minutes of the call.
Didn't have time to try breakfast or lunch in downstair's restaurant (leaving hotel 6:30am and coming back 10pm), but there was always fresh coffee in the lobby.
Room and bathroom were always clean, my bed was very comfortable and they have plasma TVs in all rooms.
I've checked out without any regrets on my hotel selection for stay in Anchorage.

• Liked — Distance to the airport
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank McTravelalot
Austin, TX
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I stayed in this hotel after reading the review on Airport Hotel Guru and found the it was indeed the best hotel for ANC they said it was. My only complaint is that it was a little unclear where to get the Countyard's airport shuttle from: you basically have to cross the road immediately outside the airport and catch the shuttle from the second ring road. That little hiccup aside, I'll be staying there again!

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank wespj
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2008

The Courtyard is currently being upgraded, so a decent place to stay is about to get better. It is certainly more comfortable than almost all of the other options at the International Airport Road end of Spenard Road.

The rooms are reasonably spacious and clean. Considering the nearness of the airport and the traffic on Spenard, it is much quieter than I expected. The desk staff were professional and friendly. The workspace for a business visitor is large and well-lit. If you plan on reading in bed, though, bring your own headlamp!

If you're expecting a free breakfast, as at many hotels, you'll be disappointed.

Good restaurants within easy walking distance are few; Gwennie's is about it, and that's a fair walk when it is subzero and the wind is blowing! The restaurants at the Coast International and the Millenium (both across the street) are closer, but offer much less variety and a lower quality.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business