“Perfect for Business Travel”

Courtyard Anchorage Airport
Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Juneau, Alaska
“Perfect for Business Travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is the closest hotel to the Anchorage airport. It is clean and very comfortable. The staff was cordial. The only odd thing was that you need to request a mat for the shower. That seems like a safety item that should come standard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JuneauLady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've actually got several visits at the Courtyard Anchorage over the next few weeks. I always opt for the Marriott properties because I know I can rely on the quality and service I have come to expect and enjoy. This property is no different. The only thing negative to report is the very slow wi-fi in the room. I just used the wi-fi hot spot on my iPhone to cure that. Usually, when lots of users are on the network, speeds slow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tech-trekker
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is an airport hotel, pure and simple -- not THE place to stay in Anchorage by any means. We got a super cheap rate and used it as a day room since our flights were so late (midnight). Very convenient airport shuttle.

Room Tip: Get one facing the back -- its nice and quiet
1 Thank chavalaSantaFe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located to Anchorage Intl Airport (just outside the entrance at the corner of Spenard Drive). This property is nearby a lot of fast food and Village Inn.

Nothing special about the hotel but it is convenient and clean and quiet for an overnight before or between flights outve Anchorage.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Courtyard is just a five minute drive from the airport so very convenient if you come in late. It is a standard Courtyard with the nice "lounge" off the reception desk. They have an assortment of snacks, light meals and beverages in the evening. I think the prices are a little high but they are the same as all other Courtyards. The staff was great - from check-in to the lounge staff. I will say some of the guests are a little shady looking and I was a bit worried about my car as there always seemed to be young men hanging around in the car park with the hotel doors wedged open. That said - it was find.

I asked for a quiet corner room, which they happily provided. But it was a bit of an initial disappointment because you could hear the planes taking off and there was some very odd loud noise (perhaps a ventilation system of some sort) always on outside the window. I did get used to this after one night and I actually like listening to planes. So this is just a warning depending on your noise tolerance.

The room was standard Courtyard and they quickly accommodated my request for feather pillows. As others have noted the internet is not the greatest but it is free. The room was clean and comes with both microwave and mini-fridge. That would be doubly useful in the dead of winter when you don't want to go out for dinner at night!

All-in-all, I was happy with the value for the price I paid (a weekend discounted rate). And I will come back again.

Room Tip: Skip the highest numbers (x60-x70) if you are bothered by noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
NMS-Lodging, Director of Marketing at Courtyard Anchorage Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello –

I recently received a copy of your review and want to thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to not only provide great service, but also a property where guests feel safe. Please accept my sincere apology for the fact that you were worried about your car in the parking lot. The manager on duty walks the property several times a day and calls the local police if there is anything suspicious. There are also security cameras inside the hotel in common areas that are monitored constantly. The manager is looking into the specifics for the day you mentioned.

Thanks again for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shelley
Director of Marketing
Andover, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very easy to find from airport. Staff were helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Had a nice meal downstairs at the bistro and enjoyed our coffee in the morning. Making reservation was easy and found all info online. Location is good for airport, shopping and park. The Marriott was quiet, clean and helpful even at our late arrival. We only stayed one night, and would stay again if we vacation again in Alaska. We did not need internet....we still used our phones to check email and had no problems.

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We arrived at "rush hour" as there was a long line of guests checking in, but there were two associates who helped to keep the line moving. I asked if an upgrade was available (I'm Platinum Premier in the Marriott Rewards program) and was asked what type of upgraded I would like. I was told there was the possibility of a suite or a jacuzzi room. I opted for the suite and had no problems getting that for the length of our short stay. Even though the hotel is near the airport we weren't bothered my airplane noise. The hotel has an airport shuttle, but we did not utilize it. There are a number of restaurants that you can walk to if you don't have a car. The location is good for exploring Anchorage and the surrounding area. Since Anchorage isn't that big of a city we didn't see any benefit to pay more to stay downtown.

Our suite consisted of two rooms and the living room had a sofa, desk, tv, microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge. It was nice to have the extra room as my husband was waking up early due to the time difference, and he could watch tv without disturbing me. There was a large vanity, which was nice that we could both have our things out and not be in each others way. There was ample free parking and the WiFi was also complimentary. We had no problems with the WiFi. The hotel does have a bistro open for breakfast and dinner, but we did not eat here. There is also a lobby lounge. There are several computers located off the lobby that are available for internet use, and printing of boarding passes. Associates were always friendly and helpful. The only problem we encountered was when our keys were deactivated on the day of departure. We had gone out for a bit and when we returned prior to check-out our keys didn't work. I went back down to the front desk and the associate apologized and re-activated my key. The room rate was a bit high for mid-September, but I guess that's Anchorage!

We've stayed here several times and when back in Anchorage we'll stay again.