“Make sure you double lock your doors.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Anchorage Airport

Courtyard Anchorage Airport
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Make sure you double lock your doors.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went to bed early. At about 11 pm some people entered our room. The management had given out a key to our room to another guest! Very invasive and upsetting. Couldn't sleep the rest of the night. In the morning the manager offered my a free breakfast, heh, before finally offering me half off.

Mistakes happen, but this mistake should not happen.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and it was an average stay. However, upon our arrival, the air conditioner was not working so we had to change rooms. The breakfast the next day was okay, but only one employee was actually working and remembered to get our order.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard on our way back from Seward. We traveled from Seward to Anchorage by train and arrived downtown Anchorage at 10:30pm June 23 2013. When we called for the "complimentary shuttle" to pick us up, we were told very bluntly that they did not pick up at the downtown depot. Had to pay a taxi $20 to get to our hotel. Room was ok, but staff was somewhat unconcerned with clientel it seemed. When we went for breakfast before leaving Anchorage the next day, there was a joke of a breakfast counter with no one to help. We will never stay there again. We got excellent service at the hotel across the street during our vacation.

Room Tip: If you just ant to sleep and dont mind paying to get there (so much for complimentary shuttle servic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BOBA0000
NMS-Lodging, Director of Marketing at Courtyard Anchorage Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hello -
I recently received a copy of your review and want to thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to provide great service, but it sounds like we didn’t meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.

We didn’t do a very good job communicating the shuttle route. It’s listed online as “Airport shuttle service”, but I’ll double-check all our other listings. Our guests expect fast airport shuttle service, and to keep that going, unfortunately we are unable to transport guests to and from the train station. The Bistro staff serves breakfast M-F from 6am to 10am and weekends from 7am to 11am.

Thanks again,
Shelley
Director of Marketing
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I can't think of one thing that was at all special about this hotel. The location was close to the airport but pretty far from downtown. I stayed at another downtown hotel from a chain even tough I'm loyal to Marriott and found it far superior.

• Stayed July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I spent one night, July 3, at the Courtyard Marriott Anchorage Airport at the beginning of our 10-day tour of Alaska. There were 7 of us in our group and this hotel fit our needs for a place to stay the afternoon of our arrival in Alaska.

The rooms were clean and well-furnished. The service was friendly and efficient. There are no sights to see near this hotel, nor many dining options other than a couple of fast food places. With a free airport shuttle, staying here is convenient for arrival from or departure to the airport, but otherwise doesn’t have much to offer for vacationers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were a group of four with two rooms reserved independently at the Courtyard Anchorage Airport for the night of July 4th with a late arrival credit card guarantee.

We arrived at about 12 midnight and were greeted by Ruth. I was informed that my reservation had been canceled and I no longer had reservations. My friends were also told that there were no rooms left.

I asked for clarification and was told that a party of five had checked in under my name and that a second reservation under my name was canceled. I asked who canceled the reservation and was told that a Marriott desk person by the name of Maria had done so at 900PM. i replied that this made no sense since I was in the air on a plane at that time.

Finally, the desk clerk relented and gave us two rooms. Strange since there were no rooms only minutes before. Seems like they enjoy taunting their customers.

My theory is simply that the hotel resold reservations at a higher rate instead of honoring reservations. This does not bode well for people making reservations at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lawrence C
NMS-Lodging, Director of Marketing at Courtyard Anchorage Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello –
I recently received a copy of your review and want to thank you for the feedback. Our inventory management missed the mark on that day. Please accept my sincere apology.

I’m checking with the hotel manager now to see if there are any additional details on the double booking and cancellation of your reservation in order to sort that out.

As far as rooms becoming instantly available, during the busy summer months all hotels slightly overbook to accommodate for the usual last-minute cancellations. On rare occasions when everyone who booked a room shows up, we all have to walk guests to alternate nearby hotels. That is most likely what was planned to free up two rooms for you. I can assure you that we do not cancel reservations to re-book rooms at a higher rate.

Shelley
Director of Marketing
Chino, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just stayed overnight between flights. We were put in a ground floor facing the parking lot, just off the front desk. The mattress was EXTREMELY hard. The coffee cups were demitasse size (extremely small). I like to stay at Marriott's and am a Silver Card holder. I was really disappointed. I won't be back to this Marriott.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple