Clarion Suites Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$89
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$63
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$95
$250
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$99
BestWestern.com
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
$165
  • Pool
All reviewsbenihana restaurantsitting areabreakfast was includedshuttle serviceflat screenmicrowave and fridgeseveral blockstrain stationfree shuttlethe hotel is conveniently locatedwould stay here againcomfortable hotelair conditionerliving roomafter midnightthe breakfast areahot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Friendly staff. Beautiful view from our room. Room was spacious. Small frig, microwave, coffee pot. Two televisions (though we couldn't get the one in the "living room" to work). Ceiling fan in living area. Nice size bathroom. Benihana within short walking distance. Shuttle to airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trvlngal
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Overview: We stayed at this hotel twice-for three nights total- on our vacation to Alaska.
Positives: We enjoyed our room on the top floor and the hotel location. The breakfast was excellent and I actually enjoyed the eggs-unlike other hotels. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Negative: We had a problem with our room on the first floor- I believe it was 136- regarding noise coming from the ceiling. We didn't feel changing rooms that night was a viable option as we were exhausted from traveling that day. Upon checking out, we alerted management and were given a 25% discount- which I consider positive.

Conclusion: I would stay at this hotel again; however, I would request a room on the top floor.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vacationturner
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed there in a king bed suite last week. the suite was very clean, and had all the amenities we could have wanted. The bed was comfortable, there was free WiFi and a nice "living room - office" area with a door for privacy if needed. Hooks in the bathroom, and a separate sink area with plenty of room for toiletries.
My wife enjoyed the hot tub very much!
There was plenty of parking. The staff were very warm, friendly and accommodating. The full, hot breakfast was great! Plenty of food & drink choices available.
We would gladly stay there again, and would recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzies_Nest_BnB
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I spent four week days, check in on Tuesday out on Saturday, at one of my favorite places to stay in Anchorage. I booked the room via the actual front desk after I checked availability online so I could request the Alaskan Resident rate. Unlike many hotels in the area they have a resident rate year round, not just during the off season. The rooms are so large that I'm not joking when I say it's larger than my first apartment. I love having a microwave, kitchen sink and a fridge in my room. I didn't have any trouble finding parking on this visit and they had cleared the snow from the storm pretty quickly. I want to give a 4.5 but that's not an option. It would have been a perfect stay except the internet speed was way too slow: fast enough to check email or read the news but not fast enough to stream netflix or hulu. But, on the other hand, it was free internet.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the elevator as it is slightly smaller. They are also willing to offer special rates if you call them directly and just ask. I do that every time and save about 20% over their internet rate.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Kodiak_kid_123
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We like to spend the weekend in Anchorage. First of all, there is free parking and that is not so common in the downtown part of Anchorage. We took a cab to the restaurant (Club Paris) but just decided to walk back after a nice dinner. It was a nice walk. Next, we had free Internet. Paying for Internet for two laptops is always a nasty surprise, and this place does not charge extra. The room had two TV's with lots of channels and the best thing was the comfort of the bed. The pillows were nice and comfortable. There is nothing that hurts my neck more than a GIANT pillow, that is just too high to sleep on. We will be back, we really enjoyed our weekend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple