We picked this one because we have stayed in HIE before in San Francisco and we loved it. This one was sort of pricey but not by Alaska in season prices. For the price, it was great because we saved money on breakfast.. Love the Express Start setup :) Also, the darkening curtains were a big help since sun did not set until after 1030 pm then and still was light after that. And the staff was friendly esp. Jonah at the desk who was very helpful when I was asking questions about places. (And congrats on her baby and hope things go very well!) Also, the breakfast staff were friendly and helpful. We passed by some of the places I had looked into, since there are not too many choices there, and I was so glad we picked one we knew we could expect to be up to standards, My only complaints were that the smoking areas were directly outside each exit door. I don't care if people want to smoke but it could be away from where I have to walk through it to even get out.. Also, our shower curtain smelled like it had mildewed and needed to be changed.
Thanks and if we come back to Anchorage we will stay here if the price is right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport is conveniently located just 1 mile from the Ted Steven s Anchorage International Airport and 10 minutes from Anchorage s historic downtown district, with all the major shopping and fine dinning restaurants. Take a ride on the Alaska Railroad, see the starting line of the world famous Iditarod trail, kids can play at the Imaginarium or H2Oais Indoor Water Park. Attend events at the Egan Center, the Sullivan Arena,the new Dena ina Civic & Convention Center or Anchorage s Performing Arts Center. Alyeska Ski Resort and the town of Girdwood are a short drive south on the New Seward Highway, along the Turnagain Arm where you can look out for wildlife such as moose, Dall sheep and the bald eagle. But if you don t see them on the road, you can visit the Alaska Zoo or Big Game Alaska Wildlife Center. Surrounding companies include, BP Exploration, Conoco Phillips, North Slope Telecom, Inc., and Arctic Slope Regional Corp. The Holiday Inn Express-Anchorage Airport has 129 smartly appointed guestrooms, with microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms, Free wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, 24 hour airport shuttle, and our Express Start Breakfast Bar featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Anchorage