“Great place to stay with very nice rooms and close to the airport”

Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I only spent one night there, checking in after arriving on the ARR train from Seward before flying out in the morning. Check in was quick, staff pleasant, room was immaculate, clean smelling. White bedding was clean, bed comfortable, and pillows were oh so soft for me. Liked the larger room refrigerator, microwave, flat panel TV, and coffee maker. Wifi connection was easy with good speed. Walked across the street to McDonalds for a late night snack. Back in the room cleaned up and went to sleep in minutes. Light blocking curtains were just what I needed. Got up for breakfast, more than enough choices for me. Much better than the nearby McDonalds and Wendys. Airport shuttle loaded up and departed on time, we were there in minutes. Driver was polite and helpful loading and unloading. Next time I return, I know where I will stay.

Room Tip: Backside rooms can be quieter than rooms facing Spenard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
GlobalTravellerANC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you LocalGuySDCA for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Anchorage. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was by far the best place we stayed in Alaska. Modern décor, A/C, black out curtains, free breakfast, and comfy beds and pillows. The only problem I had was with the staff when we were trying to get breakfast. We got down there 10 min til breakfast was over and they were already picking up the food and refused to put in more pancake batter so we could have pancakes. One person told me they didn't have any more and another said it would take them 20 minutes. Obviously someone was not telling the truth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that despite your challenges with our breakfast team your overall experience was positive. Without trying to make excuses for our breakfast hosts it does take about 20 minutes to ready the batter for the machine, however, we should have had the machine stocked and making pancakes for the entire length of our breakfast hours. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will be sure to speak with each of our breakfast hosts to prevent a future occurrence.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here one night. We had to leave too early for the breakfast, so we did not try that. The room was clean and updated. The front desk employees were very helpful. There is a shuttle to the airport. The driver didn't seem excited about his job, but he did get us from point A to point B.

Room Tip: The first floor is partially underground, so if you prefer an above ground view, you will need a 2nd...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I'm sorry you were unable to enjoy the breakfast but am please that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn Express Anchorage.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Probalby the quickest shuttle pick up I have ever had. Less than 10 minutes from call to hotel to shuttle was at airport. Front desk staff also very friendly and helpful. Room was very average though and needs better Light blocking curtains or shades. Good breakfast

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Anchorage. I am glad to hear that you appreciated the prompt shuttle service. I apologize for the condition of our drapes and assure you that new ones have already been ordered. We are just waiting for them to arrive before we can start installing them.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Express the next time you are in Anchorage.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable stay.
Airport shuttle.
Breakfast included.
Cookies and milk at 8 pm.
One room can accommodate up to 5. Great for families.
Gym available.
We also got a cab easily to the railway station.
Great location near many restaurants and walmart.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Hashy83

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I truly appreciate the comments and feedback you've provided and am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope the rest of your vacation was just as great if not better.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was by far the nicest place we stayed during our AK trip. The staff was so friendly and went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable. The room was clean and so comfortable. We had a wonderful view of the mountains vs the street. The business center had 2 PCs which made for no waiting. fridge in the rooms. Good breakfast, cozy beds, moose prints in the back parking lot. Nice workout center and pool (pool area super hot) Other hotels should take their lead.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the mountains
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as I'm certain they will serve as encouragement to "keep up the good work".

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you to Anchorage.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were just here overnight. Located within a couple of miles of the airport and if you need it, the hotel shuttle runs 24 hours a day. We arrived by car at 2:00AM and check in still only took 2 minutes.The room was typical HI Express which meant no surprises. Breakfast the next morning was warm and quick including pancakes. We were on the main floor but make sure that you are not on the first floor which is actually below ground. Wake up call was on time and check out was as quick as check in.

Room Tip: stay away from first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I am so glad to hear that you found our staff to be professional and friendly. We certainly do our best to make the guest experience one to remember. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. I will make sure to share them with my staff.