“Comfortable and affordable stay in anchorage.”

Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable stay.
Airport shuttle.
Breakfast included.
Cookies and milk at 8 pm.
One room can accommodate up to 5. Great for families.
Gym available.
We also got a cab easily to the railway station.
Great location near many restaurants and walmart.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Hashy83
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I truly appreciate the comments and feedback you've provided and am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope the rest of your vacation was just as great if not better.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was by far the nicest place we stayed during our AK trip. The staff was so friendly and went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable. The room was clean and so comfortable. We had a wonderful view of the mountains vs the street. The business center had 2 PCs which made for no waiting. fridge in the rooms. Good breakfast, cozy beds, moose prints in the back parking lot. Nice workout center and pool (pool area super hot) Other hotels should take their lead.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the mountains
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as I'm certain they will serve as encouragement to "keep up the good work".

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you to Anchorage.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were just here overnight. Located within a couple of miles of the airport and if you need it, the hotel shuttle runs 24 hours a day. We arrived by car at 2:00AM and check in still only took 2 minutes.The room was typical HI Express which meant no surprises. Breakfast the next morning was warm and quick including pancakes. We were on the main floor but make sure that you are not on the first floor which is actually below ground. Wake up call was on time and check out was as quick as check in.

Room Tip: stay away from first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hie A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I am so glad to hear that you found our staff to be professional and friendly. We certainly do our best to make the guest experience one to remember. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. I will make sure to share them with my staff.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here two nights at the beginning of our Alaska Adventure and the night before flying home. All nights were great and the complimentary breakfast is always a plus. This hotel was clean and the staff were very welcoming and helpful! It was close to downtown and within walking distance of some restaurants. The airport shuttle was very convenient. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I am pleased to hear that you started and ended your vacation with us. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Thank you for your kind words, I will make sure to share them with our staff.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here on a recent trip to Alaska. Rooms were very nice and clean and staff were very friendly. I have to say they have the loudest air conditioners in the world though, they kick on and off frequently and sound like an airplane coming through the wall. Also the airport shuttle turns around in the parking lot frequently and it has a back up beeper so you hear this all hours of the night. With the combination of 23 hrs of daylight, air conditioner noise and back up beepers, I did not get much sleep. Bring night blinders and ear plugs. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was perfect for going out on daytrips in the area...grab a banana to go. It is a few minuted drive to downtown for shopping but very close to the airport. Even with all my gripes it was a great stop and I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and our staff very friendly. I am sorry that the noise from the AC units and our shuttle backing up kept you awake and will ensure that our maintenance staff looks into the noises coming from the AC units.

I truly appreciate your comments and will share with my staff. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Anchorage.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice option while you are in town. You get just what you need: quick and easy bkfst, clean and good rooms to sleep and take a shower. Also, is near to restaurants and groceries. I uses twice while I was in Alaska

• Stayed: June 2013

Hello, I'm happy to hear that you stayed with us not once, but twice during your vacation. I am pleased to hear that everything worked out for you and we were able to deliver an adequate option for your Anchorage accommodations. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We called the hotel from baggage claim at the Anchorage airport. After we retrieved our bags, the shuttle was waiting for us. Check-in was also very easy which was nice since we got there around 11pm (3 am our time). The rooms were very comfortable and the free breakfast was very nice. My kids likes the make your own waffle maker. We only stayed there one night but it got our vacation off to a nice start.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lisah1058

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Anchorage. I am so happy to hear that we could help you kick off your vacation on the right foot. I truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to sharing them with the staff. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.