Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$89
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$95
$85
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$63
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$149
$59
QualityInn
$53
ClarionHotels
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
$165
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenfull size appliancesmoose's toothmarriott propertiesfree breakfastlaundry roomgreat place to stayhome away from homecomfortable hotelhotel shuttlehot breakfastexcellent stayyogurtindoor poolthe staff was friendly and helpfuldowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I booked this hotel in January with Marriott award points. I noticed the reviews had gotten worse for this year. Now I know why . The front desk is staffed by young kids who could care less about customer service. It took 30 minutes to check in to then be informed a room wasn't ready but we were pre checked in. We then came back 3.5 hours later with another 30 minute wait to be told I'd have to take a smoking room since I was using award points. I told them no way. I have a child who is allergic to smoking. I had also called two weeks prior to have this note placed with our file. Front desk agent rolled eyes in head. Also had problem getting shuttle to airport. Was told it's our problem Keep away from this place if you want to be treated with respect. Rooms are nice and breakfast staff were nice, but I don't think that makes up for the attitude of the front desk staff.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 10, 2006

By reading the last review, I had to double check the address to make sure the author was talking about the same location. The hotel is very nice along with the staff. The suite rooms are like apartments so if your staying for a longer stay, then this is the place. The room was clean, quite, and the bed was nice. The shower had great water pressure and was hot. The breakfast has a little of everything and they had staff maintaining the food area. If you prefer more, then go down the road and pay for it. I've stayed at other hotels in the area, and there really isn't much better value.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank ..............
Reviewed April 30, 2006

I will never again travel to this hotel. The pictures are decieving to say the least, watch out this hotel is located in a very industrial area of Anchorage, ugly, ugly. Not a good representitve of this nice city. Not to say much about the inside, bad beds, dusty pillows, cheap and weak breakfast and ok service. They seem to have hired high school and college students who couldn't care less about the guest. I was ignored and my concerns about the smoking hallways was dropped off the earth. To sum up.......bad part of town, bad service, bad beds and breafast (rice crispees and burnt toast) Sorry but this hotel has lost my money.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank paultowers11
Reviewed January 18, 2005

This may possibly be the best value for the dollar in the city of
Anchorage. The corp. rate for us (govt. employee) was $129
for a 2 bedroom suite/apartment. A one bedroom would
have run $99 for one night. We splurged and got the 2 bedroom
but normally would have spent the $99, which is a superior value.
Our stay date was January 17, 2005 and rates in the summer do go
up quite a bit so keep that in mind.

Hotel features include a hot breakfast buffet which included
scambled eggs, sausage (links and patties), oatmeal w/brown sugar, toast, english muffins, a choice of several different cereals, peach slices, oranges, apples, bananas, 1 pint containers of milk, yogurt, and choice of plastic dining wear or plates. Beverages included orange juice or apple juice, tea or coffee as well. My family was very impressed with the breakfast. Since we stayed on a Monday night (Mon thru Thur) we also got the evening reception (meal) which was Enchilladas, Refried Beans, Salad, Tomoatos, Cheese, Nacho Chips, three choices of salad dressings, as well as tea or coffee. It wasn't a HUGE meal, but it was enough to fill up two parents and two very hungry teenagers. There were several choices of wine or beer if you cared for that, with a two drink limit. There seemed to be MANY business people staying at this hotel at this time of year (MLK day) who highly preferred staying here andf getting the evening meal and the fabulous buffet breakfast, all for a corp. rate of $99, or $95 for a studio.

The studio is the same size as the 1 br. in size, and I looked at several of the units. They are very nicely done. The whole hotel is being renovated as this is the 5 year anniversary, and they appear to want
everything to be top-notch for summer.

When one takes into account what dinner costs for a family of four (probably $35 min./plus tip) and breakfast (probably $35...at Denny's)
...it's an incredible value worth $70 for the breakfast and dinner alone,
as Alaska prices are higher than the average U.S. cities and breakfast
choices at Denny's will run you $7.25, without juice, per person.

The hotel staff was accomadting in many ways, including letting my family check-in early, willingness to transport via their hotel shuttle, and allowing us to change rooms as construction was going on below our room during our stay. Rooms come with popcorn, several varieties
of coffee, soap in bathrooms, and hair dryers. Laundry for guests
is also available, I believe for $1.75 each load.

The high speed internet was awesome (we brought our laptop) and we
even were able to use our newly purchased e-camera to see and
communicate with family in the lower 48 states... that's how fast
the internet connection was for us. The family we were talking to
said that out picture appeared in "virtual real time" and they were
amazed because they have a DSL connection, which was not as clear
as the hotel's connection.

The best feature of this hotel, was the beds. These beds are firm,
but must be "pillow top" because it was the softest and most comfortable
hotel bed I have EVER slept on in my life... and we stay in hotels and go on cruises quite often. I repeat, the bed was so comfotable that I
didn't want to get up.

The pool area is one of the largest in Anchorage, with a hot tub that will seat 12 and a sauna that was quite comfortable. A BBQ area is just off the side of the pool area and available for guests; and the hotel will pick up your groceries for you; which is terrific and cool. The workout area is right next to the pool, and although not large, was well equipped with four or five exercise machines and a television for viewing while exercising.

The hotel has cookies (warm and fresh) for your enjoyment during evening hours by the front desk, and this is an extremely nice touch as well.

I would give this hotel 5 stars, as it is an incredible value for the dollar, and we enjoyed our stay very much. I highly recommend the Residence Inn, Midtown in Anchorage.

17  Thank Alaska411
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2003

Well maintained, well located, and clean with courteous staff. However, they allow pets in any room for a fee. For those who are allergic to cats, for example, this could be a risky place to stay.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member