“Great Hotel in Anchorage”

Residence Inn Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Denver, Colorado
“Great Hotel in Anchorage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

The hotel is located in Midtown about a 10 minute drive from the airport. Reserved a 2 bedroom suite to share with family and staff was quick to check us in and get us to the room. The room was very spacious with a seperate living and kitchen away from the bedrooms. The room also was equipped with a fireplace that would be quite nice if it wasn't summer. I used the free shuttle to the airport to retrieve the rental car. There is a excellent restaurant across the street called the Moose's Tooth, it was great food however we picked a really busy night to visit so waited a little while for food.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank figment7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Whenever I am in Anchorage with a car, the Residence Inn is my first choice hotel, especially when I'm traveling with my kids. The hotel is in a very convenient location in mid-town, so it's only a few minutes away from most places in Anchorage, but it feels very peaceful and secluded. The rooms are comfortable, the kitchen is convenient, the parking is adequate (and free), and the breakfast is decent. It's my home-away-from-home!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ardith L
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

This Residence Inn has been recently renovated including new mattresses. My back thanks you. The decor is kind of hotel "contemporary" mixed with some native Alaska touches. The rooms area comfortable and come equipped with a standard refrigerator, 2 burner stovetop, dishwasher and granite countertop. There is also a small dining table that seats 2 comfortably, Overall very nice kitchen.

The bedroom is well designed and furnished for an extended stay. (We were there almost 3 weeks on business.). The closet had plenty of hangars, the nightstands have 2 small drawers each and there is a 6 drawer dresser so that storage is not in short supply.

The bathroom was a standard Marriott bathroom with standard amenities. Nice and functional although there could be a little more light.

There is a nice, well-equipped gym, a sports court that seemed a little worn and 2 guest laundries. The business center is really just an old computer and printer located in a passage between the front desk and some sleeping rooms.

Honestly, the location is a little off the beaten path but still close enough to get downtown in 5 minutes drive time. You definitely would not want to stay here without a car or other means of transportation.

This isn't a four star hotel but, for Anchorage, it is more than adequate.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank brooksz
Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Very friendly staff, check -in was pre-reserved so it went smoothly and quickly.
There was a mishap in the Fitness Center on the 1st full day of our vacation, but they seemed genuinely concerned and they dealt with it quickly. That made all the difference and I was very appreciative.

We had 5 adults in our party and our double suite was still very comfortable and roomy.

The location is a little far from any attractions, but there are good places to eat within walking distance (1/4-1/2 mile). The Fitness Center is quite small but has an ellipitical, 2 treadmills, 1 bike and some weights. We did not use the pool but it seemed okay.

They had free breakfasts and dinners which were okay.

What we liked the best were the friendly staff, the comfortable suite, the free shuttle from the airport and to the train station and the free wi-fi.

What we liked least was that it was far from the attactions.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pepcingin
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed in a one-bedroom suite for about a week. The room was very nicely decorated; the kitchen suite had a few pots and pans, a small stove-top, toaster oven and a small microwave. The bathroom, though not a spa style, was more than adequate, with a plentiful supply of towels.
Pros: Friendly (for the most part) staff; comfortable rooms- I had no problem sleeping; indoor pool; hot breakfast in am; light dinner M -> TH with beer/wine available; BBQ grill available for use on the patio; newly constructed outdoor fireplace; small, but adequate exercise room; local + USA today newspaper available; small snack shop if you develop a sweet tooth; walk to a Fred Meyers grocery store; short drive to Wal-Mart, other grocery stores and many restaurants.
Cons: Small eating/community area, given the size of this hotel. It was very busy the week I stayed here, and there was something missing or out of stock at each breakfast meal. Worse yet, the hotel ran out of many meal items each day I was there during the dinner hour. Dinner is supposed to be served from 6pm -> 7:30pm. Because I worked late, I often arrived at 6:45pm or 7:00pm to find the entree and/or side-dish was out of stock. Very frustrating. I understand the hotel was near-full, and I did observe many hungry college-age folks (presumably staying there)- but still, the hotel should know by now what food quantities are needed during their busy season. The "business center" consists of a computer and printer near the front desk; there is no separate room to actually work. You will not receive a wake-up call if you set the time yourself from your room- I found that out the hard way. After I informed the front desk, I was told the system was known to be broken. If so, why was I not informed at check-in? The only negative I have about one of the front desk personnel is that I found her at the "business center" computer checking her Facebook page when I went down to the front desk one evening.
Overall, I found my stay here to be comfortable, and I was generally pleased with my stay. I would stay here again if the opportunity arises!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

This hotel is close to everything you need, has a great pool for the kids. The hospitality room has great evening food with breakfasts that anyone can find something to eat at. The rooms are large, and families can spread out and relax. We love, absolutely love this place!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank thekowalskis
Panama City, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite for a wk (very reasonably priced off season)-the fireplace in the living area was amazing! The pool, hot tub, and gym were perfect. The very best service we have ever seen with traveling all of the country was the breakfast AND dinner served - dinner served only during the week (with FREE beer and wine too)!! Food in Alaska was very expensive and eating at the hotel was an easy way for us to save money. My children preferred to eat at the hotel since they had choices. All the employees were very attentive to our needs and went above and beyond. LOVED LOVED LOVED this hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family