SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$115
$101
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$191
ComfortInn
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$219
$189
Dimond Center
$158
$149
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleannot hesitate to stay here againwithin walking distancecheck in was easyvery nice hotelsitting areahotel is centrally locatedindoor poolbreakfast buffetfresh fruitoatmealgreat place to stayairport shuttlenice stayclose to downtownwalmart
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have stayed at alot of different hotels. Alot of those have been marriotts. In fact most of them have been but in all the ones I've stayed at no one has been as nice and great personality as these two ladys here in anchorage alaska. Everyday I spoke with them they always had a great smile on there faces. If every marriott has people like these ladys (Ivineveh,Sauhna) everyone that visited would come back again and again. They have really made my stay great.

Room Tip: Every room is nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Norma R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Room was ok outdated and the sofa bed was was not even useable, my son had to sleep on the couch part, as the springs were all you could feel of the mattress. Also when the sofa bed was opened you had walk on the fold on bed to get to the other part of the room where the desk kitchenette AND door were located making it a fire hassard to even use. The curtains were lose and sagging drastically on one side. This was room 120 maybe other rooms are better.

Breakfast was ok

The worst part was being greeted by the drunks every morning and evening. The first was a loud woman who could not find the elevator she was sitting next to, that evening it was a young man throwing up by the back door. We waited in our car until he was done and walked into the bushes to sleep, the next morning it was two men inside at breakfast. Obviously homeless men. The last was an old man that caught the door as we were leaving, held it open for us as we left and then went inside! Even our pool time was cut short because an elderly man staring at my daughter with his bottle in his bag. When we did report the sick man sleeping under the bushes the wemon at the desk states "he's still there?". We will not be returning . We are a loyal Marriott family and will try other marriotts in anchorage but will not put my familly through this again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tatje D
NMS-Lodging, Director of Marketing at SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hello –

I recently received a copy of your review and want to thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to provide great service and great rooms, but it sounds like we didn’t meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.

There is not a lot we can say about the occasional “neighborhood friends” that find our hotel. All downtown and midtown hotels work with the city to help escort folks to shelters and into programs. It is unusual to hear about multiple encounters in the same day. I’ve passed your comments on to the GM and she is looking into the specifics so that we can prevent this from happening again.

Shelley
Director of Marketing

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the modern decor throughout this hotel. Suites are good sized and clean. The breakfast was very good and the front desk personnel were friendly. The room rate was high but included breakfast and parking. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kent S
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at this place last week, it's the worst hotel ever (considering it's a Marriott brand and classified as a category 6 on the Marriott level). It does not live up to the Marriott's brand level. The furnishing and decor are dated and at barely minimal.

Let's start with the good side::
Free airport shuttle; eatery and theater right next door; suite style rooms with small fridge and work area; clean sheets and towls; free breakfast.

The bad::
There were strands of hair left on the bathroom counter, so obviously housekeeping did not do a good job on cleaning the room. Stained carpets in the room--I normally walk around in a Marriott's hotel room barefeet without concern, but after seeing the stains I oped to have my shoes on. Lumpy matress. Here's the worst part:: whenever the air conditioning came on in the room above ours, somehow that created loud water dripping noise into my room (no kidding, if TripAdvisor has the feature to upload sound file, I would upload the noise recording). We maybe got in only a few hours of sleep because of that noise.

The bottomline is that if you want free shuttle and breakfast, try the Courtyard Marriott or elsewhere.

Room Tip: Top floor--only a 3 level building
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JoSeeKey
NMS-Lodging, Director of Marketing at SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hello –

I recently received a copy of your review and want to thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to provide great service and great rooms, but it sounds like on that day we didn’t meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.

There is no excuse for counter tops and carpets being less than perfectly cleaned, so I’ll pass your comments on to the general manager and she’ll address them right away. Our engineer is looking into the dripping sound and will fix whatever the cause is.

Thanks for the positive comments as well.

Shelley
Director of Marketing

Reviewed August 14, 2013

reasonable distance from the airport via shuttle, rooms are pretty basic. Breakfast was ok, pool small.. you can walk to WalMart for last minute items. I'm sure rates drop when the cruise season is over in October.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family