All reviews pancake mix mixed dorm great community great stories convenient location great place to stay oatmeal living area free breakfast night stay comfortable beds next morning rei hostel bca snoring backpackers
Reviewed October 12, 2017

This hostel is amazing! It is like visiting an aunt. You enter the house and you feel like home. I had so much fun!

I got a lot of recommendation what I can do and they helped me to find someone who went to Seward.

Short: Awesome time in an awesome part of america. I'll be back.

Room Tip: you share your room with 3 people, it is a hostel, welcome to the real life
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank SilviaM7201
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

This place had a very friendly and helpful staff. Nice showers and bathroom and amazing breakfest with pancakes, oat meal, coffee and tea :-) also near outdoor shops, so perfect for our start of the trip.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marijkeverhasselt
Reviewed September 17, 2017

I actually stayed here while on business for a conference. I didn't want to pay the high hotel prices and I really enjoy the 30-minute walk to downtown each morning and evening on the anchorage bike trails. Upon arrival, the staff was super nice and helpful. The place has a great community kitchen, living area, and the all-important WiFi. Very warming community environment with a teepee and sauna in the backyard used a couple times a week as a place for guests to really connect with each other. I'd say this a more relaxed hostel. Lots of good times but don't expect any crazy parties, which to me is a good thing. Totally plan on staying again!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We checked in here really late around 4.30 am.For people coming in at odd timings , they have a great communication gesture. They called us ahead of time i.e the night before and informed us regarding the details on how to enter the building. The room was private and not very far from the city. Next morning ,the person at the help desk was very helpful with directions and places to visit from Anchorage to Seward. We would suggest this place if someone is on a budget. However we did find one thing on the improvement side : as we were at the top floor which was made of wood, whenever any one walked or opened/closed a door it was very noisy. Also the mattress could have been better.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2017

If you are looking for inexpensive, clean, friendly, and international, this is the place! Great helpful staff, big communal kitchen with very nice multinational clientele. A paradise for campers and backpackers, as it is very close to REI, Hoarding Marmot and Play it Again Sports. Take the bus to the hostel from the airport for $2, or $1 for seniors like me. Great for single travelers of all ages.
Can't be beat and I will return on my next trip!

Room Tip: Offers one private room and shared dorm rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo