“Surprisingly Wonderful!”

Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Anchorage
“Surprisingly Wonderful!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

In the past I've hesitated to book a room here only because of the Rodeway name; however, I took the plunge since I'm a choice hotels gold member and like the program. I couldn't have asked for anything better. The location is perfect being a short walk to most downtown attractions and restaurants and the price is typically quite attractive. They offer a convenient shuttle from Ted Stevens Airport.

The front desk agent Tabatha was so helpful and friendly. I arrived before the standard check in and she offered to check my suitcase while I went to lunch. When I got back she said it would only be a few more minutes till my room was ready which was well before 3. The lobby of the hotel is clean and attractive, nice sofa and chairs. A small breakfast room offers coffee and other hot beverages 24/7.

Once in my Huge room I immediately noticed it was also very clean and well appointed with a small fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The bed apparently had a memory foam mattress and was quite comfortable with several pillows and nice linens. A large flat screen was attached to the wall with an admirable selection of channels. Floor to ceiling windows looked west towards the inlet, unfortunately the view of the inlet is not exceptional, but not bad.

I slept well and was not disturbed by street noise or fellow guests. My morning shower was a bit confusing as the handle was a bit difficult to figure out, not great pressure but acceptable. Nice towels and standard toiletries, hair dryer and a magnifying mirror which was nice.

Breakfast was sufficient with a small selection of pastries, fruit, bagels and boiled eggs. Instant oatmeal was available along with coffee, tea, hot cider and chocolate. The only problem I saw was there is really not a place to eat unless you take it back to your room.

Overall I rate this experience as exceptional especially when considering the price. Friendly staff, good location, clean and comfortable. What more could you ask for.

Room Tip: 4th floor. I was in room 409 that offered a queen bed and a Hollywood type of sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank David M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Paris, France
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed one night at the Rodeway Inn Anchorage in May 2012 at the beginning of a 10-day trip in Alaska. The location is convenient with many restaurants within walking distance.
The room was large, with a kitchenette and a sofa. The bathroom was big too. Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable.
Staff at the reception desk was nice and helpful.
The breakfast is OK but very, very simple and you can barely sit down in the tiny breakfast room (do not expect anything fancy).
Good value for the price overall, would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ramabopa
Ireland
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just back after spending 3 nights in the Rodeway Inn. No problems at all with great comfortable clean bed, very clean bathroom and the breakfast was perfectly adequate. Nice fresh danish pastries, sachets of porridge, coffee, tea and OJ readily available. The hotel price was pretty reasosnable and the location was ideal. We had a great hike along the Nature trail which is just a couple of blocks away which had great views of the snow capped mountains across the bay. There are a few great restaurants all a short walk away, The Glacier Brewhouse, SImon and Seaforts was amazing if pricey, also a great steak in the Club Paris.I have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank larksendlm
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I must say,after coming to AK for over 5 years on business, this was my BEST trip yet! I should've started staying here years ago.......the gal at the front desk, (Pamela I believe) was ABSOLUTELY wonderful. Not only was she personable and attentive, but very familiar with the city and guided me where I need to go. Although the breakfast was a little more on the light side, I WILL be staing here again and reccomending this property to my colleagues.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing K street offers nice view of the inlet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank TomB0520
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel fit our needs perfectly. We were just there for one night but it was one of the most comfortable stays in a hotel we have had. It was close to some great restaurants. The room was big and clean. The shaded blacked out the whole room in the middle of the day so we could rest after a long day of travel. The staff was very friendly and answered all our questions promptly. I would recommend this hotel for any say while in Anchorage.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Game13
Hurricane, Utah
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here twice,two days coming into Alaska and one night before we had to leave. The main reason for the 4 stars is the location, it is an easy walk to most of the resturaunts in downtown. The breakfast bar is not great but serves the purpose. The staff is friendly and helpful. The only down side I noticed is that the hallway on the second floor smelled like musty smoke, maybe it was bacause it was real damp while we were there. The rooms however were very large and clean and we loved all the plug ins on the table for all of our cameras and computers. Would stay there again.
Paul L
Riverton Utah

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul L
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We flew into Anchorage and were pleasantly surprised with the complimentary shuttle which picked us up promptly after our phone call. When we arrived at the Rodeway Inn the desk clerk was very nice and cheerful. We were happy with our large, clean room and modern bathroom. Good location to main areas of Anchorage. Breakfast was a non-event and we missed it the second day as we weren't up and about in time. We missed the fact that there were no faculties but we went to the bar at The Captain Cook for a late night drink, so that was OK.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple