“EXCELLENT HOTEL! FRIENDLY STAFF!”

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Rachel at the SPG desk is very professional and kind. Enjoyed my stay there. Good location in Anchorage. Liked the club room. Would have been great if they have a free shuttle from airport which is only 6 miles away. Cab was 20 bucks.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed July 2, 2010

The hotel is located several blocks away from the "downtown" area of Anchorage. The staff was friendly enough; however, the hotel does lack a pool, which would have been nice. The restaurant in the hotel was okay, nothing special, and service under-staffed and slow. They do have free wireless for spg members, which was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2010

As a platinum level guest, I was surpassed to see that I received one of the smallest rooms s per the map of rooms behind the door showing the fire escpe route. The room may not have been the best available. The hotel is in good condition but not exactly in the best part of town. There are seedy bars near it and the town's soup kitchen across the street. I could not sleep and found myself walking across the street and volunteering at the soup kitchen. There are homeless even here and at a temperature of 50 degrees Fahrenheit, my heart went out to them. Finding something to eat late at night was a challenge. Is is no NYC. Where night owls can always get a slice of pizza. The hotel has a small store but the items are overpriced unless you are ok with a six dollar bag of chips.

The hotel has an executive level club and luckily I got onto the floor with a thousand other gold member. In star wood, gold can be achieved after ten stays. The lounge was clean and at night and during the day an attendant was present. Breakfast is continental with no hot items other than coffee. Evening hors doeurves Re good and feature items like puff pastry with reindeer meat.

This is the only star wood property in ALaska so if you are loyal to the chain, stay here. The Marriott is equally as nice.

Rooms are tiny and smaller than the Marriott. The TV is larger than other Sheratons. The size is 42". The bathroom has marble tiles in earthy colors and I tasteful. The rooms are quiet. If you get club access, ask for Sally.

Parking is outside and available by the hour. It may be12 dollars for 10 hours.

When I was in the club, the HR manager came in for a walk thru which seemed odd since she was to me performing an inspection which tells you something may not have been right.

The club floor was the 11th floor. You cannot insert a key I to the elevator to get to that floor. You must type I. The code. The code was on the key jacket. I recommend you look at it if you are in a hurry. Speaking of elevators, the hotel is not in the best part of downtown and at 2300, I found myself in an elevator with a SWAT team headed to the 12th floor radio his security colleagues to secure the elevators. Being a frequent traveler, this was kind of cool but you can see how this could affect other travelers.

Omar and Sabrina welcome guests as if they were family members. Sabrina is a local and knowledgeable as any concierge and has earned the keys to the city many times over. What a refreshing joy to have her at the front desk. I look forward to her restaurant recommendations before going on an adventure in the elevator.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2010

A fantasic hotel, with an amazing location sitting right off the mainstreem of down town anchorage. Their amazing staff treats you with respect, the rooms are clean, and two exquisit dining areas. This is the best over all hotel in anchorage

1  Thank Codyrydin
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Great guest service! Anna at the front desk was very nice when I inquired about downtown places for shopping and also at check out. Jared helped me up to my room with a great attitude. Janet (im not sure maybe Shannon) the guest service person on the phone was helped me on a few restraunt choices. 5 stars!!!!

MichaelJesperson, Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

Dear Colgrl81
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. All of our staff strive to offer the Best and Friendliest Service in Alaska, that you not only received such service but took the time to tell others about us shows we are succeeding. I personally thanked all the people you mentioned in your posting. You mentioned two names for our phone operators, both of them work at the Guest Service Desk. As you mentioned both names, I thanked them both believing at one time or another both assisted you.

Thank you again for your review of the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa

Respectfully,
Michael N. Jesperson
Sales Manager
Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa

Reviewed June 5, 2010

I am a SPG platinum member who mostly use its participating hotels only.

I hesitated for a moment to stay at this hotel as I read negative reviews prior to make reservation. Yes, it was HORRIBLE. Well, facility was average, but people who work there completely lacked professionalism.

I requested high floor, but the room I initially got was a room in the 4th floor with no view. I was not even placed in a executive floor. If I made a reservation through priceline or something, it's understandable, but I did so on spg.com, which is the official website of Sheraton Hotels. I asked them to change the room, but what they asked me first was "did you touch anything in the room?"

The lady who was working at the counter also told me when I checked in on Friday that I will have a complimentary breakfast on the following morning, but they actually do not offer one on weekened. Very poorly educated people.

It's very uncomfortable that I have to stay here for two more nights.

If you are looking for a place with quality services, DO NOT STAY AT SHERATON ANCHORAGE.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank TZS7
MichaelJesperson, Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Jun 17, 2010
Dear Tmoszk,
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa.

I regret that I was not made aware of your concerns while you were in this hotel. However all of us on the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa TEAM listen to and take action when told of an area we need to improve. Based on the date you stayed here you should have been given vouchers for breakfast in our restaurant. To insure future guests who stay on our “Club Floors” or are Platinum and higher Starwood Preferred Guests we have opened the Club Lounge 7 days a week. 6 AM to 9 AM there is continental breakfast, from 6 Pm to 9 PM Hors D’oeuvres are available.
Should your travels bring you back to Anchorage please allow me to personally assist you.
Respectfully,
Michael N. Jesperson
Sales Manager
Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa

Reviewed June 4, 2010

Hotel foyer has been remodeled.
I stayed on the Club level on the 11th floor, room 1110, The large window opened and that's a nice feature , however it did not quite close and the nearby sight seeing airport was right across the room. The bath-room is very small and the bath-room door keeps bumping against the shower rod. Room was clean, bed and linen are good too.
One of the electrical cover hung loose on the cord, the cleaning staff did not replenish creams and tea and when I inquired about it was told by a cleaning crew "no more milk'' just go get it in the club house. The breakfast room and the staff were very nice except for the TV blasting cartoons. The Jade restaurant lunch fare is not on my list of "do it again." The menu is a lot more appetizing than its food.
Front desk was polite and friendly although I was told that I would have to pay 9.95 per day for the wi-fi and then found out later that on the club floor wi-fi is free. There is a very nice upgraded business section on the main floor . The Anchorage daily news is available at no charge.

If you stay at Sheraton Anchorage request a room toward the bay side..

Seattle98103