1,283 results
All reviews club floor jade restaurant few blocks mountain view front desk staff junior suite beds were very comfortable downtown area fitness center blackout curtains stayed one night cemetery lobby computers walkable plane
Reviewed August 28, 2015

The rooms were large and clean, although the bathroom was poorly laid out. Anyone over 3 feet tall will not be able to have the bathroom door open at all if they are using the shower or toilet.

The hotel bar had a good selection of food and drinks, and the wait staff is experienced enough to provide great service. There is always lemon water available in the lobby, and the manager was flying all over the place trying to take care of customers.

The location is close to everything downtown, definitely within walking distance unless the weather is horrible. I wouldn't call it "downtown" though as everything worth checking out was a few blocks away.

If given the option, get the mountain view. Otherwise, you will be looking at downtown and the cemetery. You want to look north or east.

Room Tip: Get a north or east view.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled on business
Colin M, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

Dear AFMojo,

Thank you for your most recent review and the feedback you provided on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and that the service you received was excellent. I do understand your feedback regarding the bathrooms, we are taking steps to address this shortly so I'm hopeful the next you visit you will see improvements.

Again thank you.

Reviewed August 28, 2015

We stayed here as part of our 7 Days/7 Nights Deluxe Alaska Sampler railroad package. It's a nice hotel (if you get a good view). Rooms seem clean enough. Service was friendly and prompt. It was nice that they offer the option of extra points if you choose not to have your room cleaned during your stay. We did not eat at the restaurant as we did not see any options for vegan food. The hotel is within walkable distance to the downtown area and the train station if you like walking. We stayed in three different rooms as we were off to Seward and Denali in between. They will hold your luggage for those trips if you do not want to lug them everywhere. The higher rooms offer better views (and of course more quiet). However, the daylight is so long during the summer months that we were not able to get a good night's sleep even with the dark curtains (light still peek through in some places).

Room Tip: Higher floors get better views
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear khim911,

Thank you for your most recent feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and that the walk wasn't to much of a burden. In the long daytime of summer it is generally very pleasant. I am concerned about the options for vegan eating. I myself was vegan for five years and I purposely ensured some options were provided so I need to revisit this with my team.

Nonetheless thank you so much.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

We stayed at the Sheraton Anchorage hotel in August 2015. It was pleasant with the room typical of Sheraton. The bed was comfortable and the furnishings maintained. The bathroom was small, even though we were on the club level. The service in the club lounge was quite good. At the restaurant, we had a halibut sandwich which was nicely done. However, the service was rather slow. It took approximately 10 minutes to get cutlery and napkins, and the waitress had to get another person (mgr? bartender?) to get a glass of wine. Another minor detail was that the carpet in the restaurant was soiled (this was Alaska, of course). One other item that was annoying was the fact that before the trip, I tried to contact the concierge by phone. The phone call was shuttled off to the automatic voice mail, which informed me that the concierge desk was not a part of the system and I could not leave a message. I then tried to email a question, but the email to the address "clicked" on the web site was returned as undeliverable. I tried the GM as well with an email. No answer was received, although it did go through.
For completeness sake, the concierge desk was manned while we were there. However, I suggest that one be careful if you are trying to contact the hotel via email.
All in all, a pleasant hotel, maintained but seemingly not refurbished recently. It was downtown and was within walking distance to many interesting shops, museums, etc. The Anchorage Museum was very close and particularly interesting.

Stayed: August 2015
Colin M, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2015

Dear Don,

Thank you so very much for your most recent feedback regarding your visit. I'm pleased you enjoyed the hotel but am concerned about the slowness in the restaurant and the frustration you had with reaching our concierge. We do contract this service out during the summer however we take pains to ensure that reaching them is convenient and easy. Clearly there was a breakdown. I'm so sorry I didn't receive your request for information either..again very frustrating.

Please accept my apologies.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

always pleasant staff. The beds are the best of any hotel in Anchorage. Eat somewhere else. Stay here frequently as it is convenient for me. Nice Spa and workout room. No pool. Would be nice if they offered suites

Room Tip: 15th floor appears to be add on....only ask for if using the spa or gym
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled on business

Dear Paul ,

Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your visit with us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit and you especially enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, they are indeed incredibly comfortable. I'm so sorry if you didn't enjoy our food and beverage outlets...this is of course a concern for me. As for suites, we have in fact over 25 suites available...from our Junior Suites to our massive Luxury Suites..all with stunning views and amenities. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me so that I can assist in ensuring you receive one next visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed staying at this wonderful hotel. It was quiet all around and it was in the middle of downtown. Worth the stay but what sucks is the pay of parking each day 20$. That you can work around it. That's if your getting a rental to get around. The rooms are clean, service was great. Coming back soon again!!

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Marwah,

Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your visit with us recently. I'm delighted you decided to Honeymoon in Alaska! I am also very pleased that you enjoyed your stay but am concerned that you paid $20.00 for parking...the charge is in fact only $15.00. I would be delighted to adjust this amount off if there was an error on our part. Please contact me so I can assist.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa again in the near future.