Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$144
$122
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$191
ComfortInn
$269
EmbassySuites.com
$195
$188
$169
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
$219
Hotels.com
Hotel Alyeska(Girdwood)(Great Value!)
$179
1,201 results
All reviewsclub floorfew blockshigh floorjunior suitefront desk staffbeds were very comfortablefree internetfitness centerdowntown areastayed one nightreindeer sausagecemeterylobbycruisejademountainscomputers
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I'm not sure that there are any really great hotels in Anchorage at a decent price, but this one comes close. It is a Sheraton, so you get the good Sheraton beds. The rooms are clean, and the bathrooms are OK. Free Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby, unless you are a member of Starwood Preferred Guest.

We had several maintenance issues, including a lot of mold in the shower. Most were taken care of promptly.

Front Desk staff is very good.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, and the usual hotel buffet. We ate breakfast in the Sizzelin Cafe across the street, and liked it.

The hotel is several blocks from the main downtown area, but is an easy walk (not the best neighborhood).

They do not run a shuttle. Taxi $20-25 from the Airport, $10-15 to the train station

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd C, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beds and that any maintenance issues you may have experienced were taken care of promptly, I am especially pleased to know that our Front Desk staff was up to your standards.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We stayed here because our travel agent told us the wrong date when we arrived. Our window looked out over a grave yard. The only reason we stayed here was because of price. Only accepted because of price. Not a very well run property.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. I would like to learn more. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss further.

General manger

Reviewed August 24, 2014

When I critique something I like to have a good basis of comparison. Writing this review is a bit more challenging than most because I really have no experience with other properties in Anchorage -this being my first time there. I will have to say that my experience with this Sheraton is different than any of my other stays with this chain.

I'll get my complaints out of the way first. Our room based on the size and amenities was overpriced. I can get a nice Ocean Front Room in Hawaii cheaper that what I paid here. But, if $400 /night is the going price for a decent room in this area of the world, then this must be taken into consideration. Too, I most often have my request honored at all SPG Hotels. My one big request was a quiet room which I did not receive.

I realize that quietness is perceived differently from one person to another. I have a real problem with most any type of noise when trying to sleep. Not so much the outside sounds like traffic, but rather guest loudly talking while moving down the halls or the proximity to the elevators where people tend to gather. Thank goodness that most of the guest were older and not quite as noisy as it could get at a beach resort or somewhere like Las Vegas. Yep - I got a room as close as you can get to the elevators (mini suite)...and, there was a phone table just outside my door. Although it wasn't unbearable, it probably would have been much better in a small room at the end of the hall -with little foot traffic.

The other negative I have is the lack of vending machines, stores, or fast food anywhere close by -to get a quick snack if coming in later in the evening. There is a small area behind the front desk with a very limited variety of food and drink items for sale .

That behind us and realizing that this could be the best bet in Anchorage -I really don't know! The staff was pleasant, service was good, the rooms were clean and comfortable. These are the type of things I have become to expect with a Sheraton. I will have to give thanks to housekeeping and a special mention to the Jade Steak and Seafood Restaurant for some very nice service. Although we did not really have a chance to try the dinner menu, Dave went out of his way to take care of us late in the evening a couple of times, and Gina was very gracious to us in the morning.

Anchorage does not seem to be a destination itself like many other places my wife and I have visited, but it was nice and glad we came. We pretty much saw everything we wanted to see in one day. But, I know that I may be missing something. There does appear to be much more to do if you take the train north or south, or do some "flightseeing".

Overall, it was a good trip, but just not quite what we expected.

Room Tip: All "Mini Suites" appear to be very close to the elevators. Although a little extra room size is nice, you might want another type room if noise is a problem to you. I would also recommend a view facing the mountains on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am so sorry that your room was not up to your expectations. We take the thoughts and comments of our SPG Member very seriously. We do our very best to accommodate all of our guest request when it comes to rooms being close together, higher or lower floors, view etc I am sorry that your room was not in a good location for you. I hope that if you are in Anchorage again you will give us another try. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your experience with us

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Anchorage is a very cool place to visit. Lots to see & do. So the Sheraton matched our expectations. Clean rooms and good location However, the laundry was broken down when we arrived. Staff was not aware of it and they were not helpful with other suggestions. It was another traveler who tipped us off to a close Laundromat that we could walk to.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Todd C, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Wow! We are delighted to get this feedback. Comments like that are exactly what we work for and hope for. That is the experience we hope all of our guest have. Thanks you for letting us know.
We look forward to seeing you on your next Adventure.

General Manger

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our second year staying here to jumpstart an Alaskan vacation. We used SPG points and were able to get a room with water views. Parking was comped due to our SPG status. The room was clean and well-appointed. We ordered room service on Friday as we were tired from 10 hours of traveling and the food was surprisingly good for hotel room service, especially the halibut bites. We'll return again next time we're in Alaska!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the water rather than the cemetery.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd C, General Manager at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

The input from our SPG Members is very important to us. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am delighted to know that our rooms and room service met with your approval. We can’t wait to have you back with us when next you are in Anchorage.

General Manger